Urgent help needed for a friend

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I have a friend who has a 7 yr old bully who is vomiting and then passing out. She just posted this on Facebook went to the vet after first episode and Vet said there's no blockage and that he lost oxygen?. It just happened again for the second time.. I was hoping someone on the forum had some advice? she seems pretty sure it wasn't a seizure. I feel terrible because she lost her last bully to a sudden seizure at 3 yrs of age.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 175

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy ****... Never heard of anything like it. Did the vet give any advice on helping control it? If if is an upset tummy, maybe rice cake or tums, I give Banks a Pepcid when she is not feeling well

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Holy ****... Never heard of anything like it. Did the vet give any advice on helping control it? If if is an upset tummy, maybe rice cake or tums, I give Banks a Pepcid when she is not feeling well
I'm trying to reach her to see if vet gave anything for the upset stomach..they recently moved so he's probably a little stressed too.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness Jim, that is horrible!!! I'm so sorry, I have no advice on this one... just prayers. Keep us posted!!! :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm trying to reach her to see if vet gave anything for the upset stomach..they recently moved so he's probably a little stressed too.

Damn scary.... Stress could do it, I'll be praying for them

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I have heard of this happening after vomiting.... When they are gagging the stop breathing which causes them to pass out.
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] seems like maybe this happened to Orion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Jim, so scary & horrible, I got nothing...hoping it's stress and he
settles in quickly, for sure, I'll pray for them. GOD bless.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow I am sorry. I have nothing to provide other than thoughts and prayers to your friend.

nayport

Sep 16, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
miss nelly
My girl would get lots of phlegm and passout, we figured out it was a food allergy. Sure is scary pray they figure it out

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian will "almost" pass out when he vomits or even plays or fights too hard with his brothers. But Sebastian does have PS so it's to be expected in his case. Hopefully the vet will be able to give your friend better answers or it's time to find a new vet.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Omg I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope your friend gets some answers soon.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I remember one of the first times we took Stiggy for a walk this happened. We contributed it to him eating too much grass ... or maybe there was pesticide in the grass, don't know. But he threw up a bit then fainted for a second. We poured water on him to keep him cool and he got up soon after.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Poor baby. When Stella was choking she passed out right afterwards and even after the food was dislodged it took her a minute to come around. I would have to agree with what everybody else is saying. I'm sure that's a frightening thing to go thorough :(

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]

Orion did do this. She was trying to vomit and her tummy was rolling and rolling and rolling. During this time, she wasn't getting any oxygen. When she finally did vomit, she passed out. She hit the floor and came right to. As soon as she was able to get some air she was just fine. Now when her tummy starts the "rolling" I make sure I have my arms under her belly in case she passes out again.
My mom told me I did something like this all the time as a child. I'd start crying and hold my breath. I'd hold it so long I'd pass out. As soon as I passed out, I'd start breathing again. But I'd just be pissed off all over again. I was young....under 3.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online