Urgent help needed for a friend

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki has gotten really close to passing out while vommitting. I have thankfully been able to make him finally gag by stick my hand down his throat. First time I did it was to make sure that he wasn't choking the next time I did it because it worked and stopped it the first time. The vet did put him on a low dose of steroids to help keep his airway open. The cause of his vommitting was phlegm from his allergies. That is so scary to see or hear for that matter. I hope that your friends baby is OK. !

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Loki has gotten really close to passing out while vommitting. I have thankfully been able to make him finally gag by stick my hand down his throat. First time I did it was to make sure that he wasn't choking the next time I did it because it worked and stopped it the first time. The vet did put him on a low dose of steroids to help keep his airway open. The cause of his vommitting was phlegm from his allergies. That is so scary to see or hear for that matter. I hope that your friends baby is OK. !
I just took my boxer to the vets yesterday because she was vomiting phlegm from allergies... he put her on Temaril-P, and after 2 doses she seems to be doing better already!!! Hope Loki is doing okay :D

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
This is so scary. Sending prayers to your friend and her baby.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have a friend who has a 7 yr old bully who is vomiting and then passing out. She just posted this on Facebook went to the vet after first episode and Vet said there's no blockage and that he lost oxygen?. It just happened again for the second time.. I was hoping someone on the forum had some advice? she seems pretty sure it wasn't a seizure. I feel terrible because she lost her last bully to a sudden seizure at 3 yrs of age.

Any update?

nayport

Sep 16, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
miss nelly

Lemon juice helps to cut the phlegm, I would add some to her water or if she was real bad I would just squirt it right down her throat. This only went on for two months then we figured out it was a food allergy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Lemon juice helps to cut the phlegm, I would add some to her water or if she was real bad I would just squirt it right down her throat. This only went on for two months then we figured out it was a food allergy.

We did the lemon juice trick as well I was more concerned with what would happen when we were gone :( He is good now he gets a benedryl every morning :)

nayport

Sep 16, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
miss nelly
We did the lemon juice trick as well I was more concerned with what would happen when we were gone :( He is good now he gets a benedryl every morning :)

Know the feeling, I was afraid to leave mine. Scary to watch your baby pass out

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some will do this, as Cheryl has said, they don't get enough oxygen when they are getting ready to vomit. Buddy used to do this when he was younger and Diva did it a few months age. As soon as they start breathing again, they come to.

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Thanks everybody! I just checked in and he seems to be doing fine today. No more episodes. The vet didn't prescribe anything. The poor bully, Louis, is very stressed in his new home even though hes with the same family. Theyre changing his food which im not sure is a good idea until his nerves and stomach settle down. I had no idea bullies are prone to this when they vomit. It is scary!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had never heard of this before either, happy to hear he is doing good today.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thanks everybody! I just checked in and he seems to be doing fine today. No more episodes. The vet didn't prescribe anything. The poor bully, Louis, is very stressed in his new home even though hes with the same family. Theyre changing his food which im not sure is a good idea until his nerves and stomach settle down. I had no idea bullies are prone to this when they vomit. It is scary!

Baby O has only done this a few times. I hate to say it but I do think she's one of those "Go big or go home" type of chicks. I'm glad everythings okay with your friend's bully.

~Disclaimer~ Sent from Mission Creek Women's Correction Center for trying to steal an iphone, using my prison issued GT-P5113 and Tapatalk Free, because I refuse to pay for another upgrade to Tapatalk Pro.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm happy to hear no more episodes. This was actually a very helpful post because I never knew this could happen. Hopefully it never will, but if it does happen to us at least I will know what is going on.

Most Reactions