Remi needs surgery! Tomorrow! Before noon!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Prayers continuing for Remi & y'all...Big Hugs!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO... I'm so sorry, I'm just now reading this!!! Sending prayers your way, and I hope that everything went okay today!!! :pray:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He ate a piece of a toy and it's lodged in his intestine. He's been puking all day and shivering.

Looks like he Remi is going to need surgery tomorrow. Thank God for care credit... Hoping our regular vet is less than the 5k we were quoted at the emergency hospital. Either way it's a must.

Please wish us luck. I'm nervous about the line of credit. I've never carried a balance, and I feel terrified that the finances are going to get out of control. I also hope Remi makes it safely through the night and all goes well tomorrow.

UPDATE: Our regular vet was able to see Remi today with a possibility of surgery. The good news is that the piece of toy has moved through his bowels quite a bit, but not enough where they can go in and get it without cutting him open. The vet and I decided to see if he can hold water without puking, and if so, we can try to let him pass it on his own. He'll be on fluids to try to keep him hydrated so it'll be easier to pass. If he pukes the water up, we're going to have to go in and get the stupid thing. The doctor thinks he might be able to cut him open and then force the toy through the intestines without having to cut them.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Fingers and paws crossed, I pray it works its way out natural, thank you for the update.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he can pass it and all is well. We'll keep him in our thoughts.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
He ate a piece of a toy and it's lodged in his intestine. He's been puking all day and shivering.

Looks like he Remi is going to need surgery tomorrow. Thank God for care credit... Hoping our regular vet is less than the 5k we were quoted at the emergency hospital. Either way it's a must.

Please wish us luck. I'm nervous about the line of credit. I've never carried a balance, and I feel terrified that the finances are going to get out of control. I also hope Remi makes it safely through the night and all goes well tomorrow.

UPDATE: Our regular vet was able to see Remi today with a possibility of surgery. The good news is that the piece of toy has moved through his bowels quite a bit, but not enough where they can go in and get it without cutting him open. The vet and I decided to see if he can hold water without puking, and if so, we can try to let him pass it on his own. He'll be on fluids to try to keep him hydrated so it'll be easier to pass. If he pukes the water up, we're going to have to go in and get the stupid thing. The doctor thinks he might be able to cut him open and then force the toy through the intestines without having to cut them.

FINGERS CROSSED!
The same thing happen to Stinky a few months ago. Twice in 2 months. Thank GOD he did'nt have to have surgery. I was concerned too about paying for the vets bill if he had to have surgery. I did take away ALL of Stinky's toys but his bones.And I try to watch him all the time when outside so he doesn't eat anything. Prayers are with you...keep us posted.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Praying for you and Remi...hoping he can pass it on his own! Please keep us posted.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Guys... he passed it this morning!~!!!!!!!!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
YAY! So happy for you both! Whew what a relief.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:yeah:Yeah Remi, I'm so glad that he was able to pass the toy naturally, and didn't have to have surgery. It must be a great relief to you. Glad Remi is feeling better.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Happy happy joy joy!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.