Remi needs surgery! Tomorrow! Before noon!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
UPDATE: Our regular vet was able to see Remi today with a possibility of surgery. The good news is that the piece of toy has moved through his bowels quite a bit, but not enough where they can go in and get it without cutting him open. The vet and I decided to see if he can hold water without puking, and if so, we can try to let him pass it on his own. He'll be on fluids to try to keep him hydrated so it'll be easier to pass. If he pukes the water up, we're going to have to go in and get the stupid thing. The doctor thinks he might be able to cut him open and then force the toy through the intestines without having to cut them.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Keeping my fingers crossed as well! And sending my wishes your way!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope he can pass it on his own, sending prayers to you both :pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Keeping our fingers crossed xxx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE: Our regular vet was able to see Remi today with a possibility of surgery. The good news is that the piece of toy has moved through his bowels quite a bit, but not enough where they can go in and get it without cutting him open. The vet and I decided to see if he can hold water without puking, and if so, we can try to let him pass it on his own. He'll be on fluids to try to keep him hydrated so it'll be easier to pass. If he pukes the water up, we're going to have to go in and get the stupid thing. The doctor thinks he might be able to cut him open and then force the toy through the intestines without having to cut them.

FINGERS CROSSED!

everything crossed with some prayers thrown in.... Keep us posted

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Crossed until the elbows...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh I hope he is able to pass the toy on his own. Keeping everything crossed, and sending lots of prayers your way. Did the vet give Remi any fibre food to help him move his bowels? This helped Dozer pass the sweat sock that he swallowed, the sock was lodged in between his intestines and his colon, so it was iffy if he would be able to pass it. We had to give him a Tbsp. every hour or two. I will be looking for updates, keep us posted. Good luck

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.