Remi needs surgery! Tomorrow! Before noon!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
He ate a piece of a toy and it's lodged in his intestine. He's been puking all day and shivering.

Looks like he Remi is going to need surgery tomorrow. Thank God for care credit... Hoping our regular vet is less than the 5k we were quoted at the emergency hospital. Either way it's a must.

Please wish us luck. I'm nervous about the line of credit. I've never carried a balance, and I feel terrified that the finances are going to get out of control. I also hope Remi makes it safely through the night and all goes well tomorrow.

UPDATE: Our regular vet was able to see Remi today with a possibility of surgery. The good news is that the piece of toy has moved through his bowels quite a bit, but not enough where they can go in and get it without cutting him open. The vet and I decided to see if he can hold water without puking, and if so, we can try to let him pass it on his own. He'll be on fluids to try to keep him hydrated so it'll be easier to pass. If he pukes the water up, we're going to have to go in and get the stupid thing. The doctor thinks he might be able to cut him open and then force the toy through the intestines without having to cut them.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Last edited:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Praying for Remi hope all goes well!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my... Hugs and prayers for Remy and you....will be thinking of you. Hope all is OK tonight

keep us posted...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OH man, we will be praying for Remi, and hope he does OK tonight. When Diezel had an obstruction and needed surgery, our vet only charged us $1400.00, so I hope your vet is about the same. Please let us know how he does. :pray2:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh No!! Prayers and good vibes going out for Remi!! Keep us informed! Poor guy!!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Poor Remi!! My Remy and Oliver and Sebastian send bully smoochies to you and to the baby

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Remi. Sending love, hugs, and prayers that his surgery goes well, and he has a quick recovery. Last year Dozer swallowed a sweat sock, and we brought him to the vet, he was vomiting, drooling water from his mouth, and he was very lethargic. He acted himself in every other way eating, drinking, playing. The vet took xrays, gave him IV fluids, pain medication, and kept him at the office until the evening. When she sent us home, she gave us 3 cans of fibre food, that we fed him 1 Tbsp per hour or two, and she sent the X-rays home with us, and called the emergency vet hospital, and told them that we would more than likely be coming with Dozer with emergency surgery that night. But we dodged that bullet, and at 8:00 pm, he went outside for a potty break, and he was able to pass the sweat sock. The next day when she called to check on him, she couldn't beleive he was able to do that, and not need surgery. I hope Remi is lucky and passes this or throws it up before tomorrow, but if not I hope he has a quick recovery from his surgery. They are such silly little dogs, they eat everything. Please keep us posted on how he does.

This is a pic of the sock that he passed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry, having been through this same thing this year I know the worry you are feeling. :(. How long ago did he eat it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
So sorry! Poor Remi. What exactly did he swallow? Hope he passes it in the middle of the night or by morning. Thoughts and prayers for you all and Remi from Missouri. Good Luck!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry this happened to Remi our prayers are with you. Please let us know how it works out.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sending hugs and prayers that everything goes ok. Please keep us updated when you can.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I've gone through this twice, once with Ruggs and once with Mack. Ruggs had his at WSU School of Vet. medicine and it was over $3,000. It would have been 1/3 of that at our vet's office but we were at WSU and were concerned the obstruction would move. Mack had to have a colon resection because his obstruction had been with him over a year. It wasn't as expensive as Ruggles' simple operation because our vet did it. Prayers and hugs to you and Remi.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.