I have two chubby-wubbies

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Henny, what about [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Vegas Stew? VegasR lost weight and it looked delicious!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

Here is the before and after of Vegas.

The before: IMG_0331.jpgIMG_0332 (2).jpg

The after: IMG_0178.jpgIMG_7253.jpg

Vegas was almost 70 pounds at his heaviest. He was limping and just not getting around very well. We cut him down to 1/2 cup kibble in the morning and 1/2 cup kibble in the evening. We took out ALL treats and gave him frozen green beans. Vegas loves green beans. They are his absolute favorite. We gave him as much of the stew as he wanted. Sometime 2 cups. It all just filler stuff that makes them feel full longer. The pounds came off and years later......they are still off. Vegas went from 69 pounds down to 49 pounds (at his lowest) back up to 54 pounds. That is where he is at now. No more limping either.

I need to start baby O on the diet again. Although everyone agrees she needs to be heavier than 34 pounds, yesterday she weighed in at 40 pounds. She needs to trim down just a tad.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh no:-( we went through dieting with shy -she was weighed at the vets at 32kg and she should be 24 at the time-vet told me off i cut her food in half and added some veg to "fill her up" she list weight within 2 months -now shes grown and weights just about healthily 29
I felt so bad to do this but i simply didnt realise she was getting somewhat bigger

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks for all the great advice!

Today was day #2 of cutting back on snacks and no dessert again. I think i'm the one that notices the "deprivation" more than they do! I am going to definitely increase the veggies in their food; i cook for them already so that Vegas Stew will be something I'm going to prepare for them this week. It's interesting to observe how all the snacks i used to give them was just done out of habit. Today my cousin presented the boys with a box of beautifully decorated, frosted cookies that she got from Petco. I normally would have given them one each but this time they will just be used as decoration. :ohwell:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ohhhh Tate, you were a chubby wubba last weekend when I saw you. :luv: Measure their food Henny and if you must give them treat, make it a piece of their kibble. You already exercise them so it's portion control. I buy the little doggie bone treat and even those I break in half. They don't care what size it is, they just want something so I make sure it's small. Finn didn't look too bad to me. That's the same weight as Wilson, 59.0. Wilson's been hanging on to that weight consistently for months now. Mine all stay the same weight really but it's due to measuring their food and no extra sneakies of goodies. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Tate's a taller and bigger boy too so I could see him easily around the 63-65 weight range.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.