Misdiagnosis. What a scare.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have never seen it look like that, raised in a mass shape, but I'm going to go look and do some research until I find it. thank you so much Christine for letting me in on this. Very interesting and thank God for everyone involved it turns out to be ringworm rather than a cancer.
Lucky Douglas , and his pawrents

I found this, gives me the heebee jeebees ringworm_s6.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
some cases the area is raised, I was really surprised at all different looks, athletes foot is ringworm.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
some cases the area is raised, I was really surprised at all different looks, athletes foot is ringworm.

guess I'll research later... just finished dinner :D

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter has a small bald spot with a lump under it right now on his back.

Its not red or anything however. But there's a knob below it.

The bald spot is about the size of a small marble. Skin is perfectly normal looking.

Guess its time for a doctor visit.

OP
BullyLove143

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
Thank you all for the support! It is very disturbing to see that huge spot on that mans head! Eww! I hate seeing Douglas go through this, but he is a tiger and will get through this! Yes, every doctor was very apologetic, but I agree, unprofessional to jump the gun with lymphoma! Ugh- it went untreated for so long I guess which is why it looks like a tumor!! Thanks again.
Ps -- being very careful around him!!

Sent from Stephanie and Dougie

DieselTank

Aug 5, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
Hello. I have a male English bulldog. I recently took him to the vet because he has a raised bump on his paw. They wouldn't take ringworm into consideration or test it at all for that matter. The next day I noticed a flat circular bald spot under his arm. I took him back in and demanded both be tested and anti fungle medication. Did the bumps leak clear fluid in the healing process? Also what antifugal meds did they put Douglas on?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello. I have a male English bulldog. I recently took him to the vet because he has a raised bump on his paw. They wouldn't take ringworm into consideration or test it at all for that matter. The next day I noticed a flat circular bald spot under his arm. I took him back in and demanded both be tested and anti fungle medication. Did the bumps leak clear fluid in the healing process? Also what antifugal meds did they put Douglas on?

I have never seen any leakage for ringworm. It's more like a circular rash.

https://www.thespruce.com/ringworm-in-puppies-2804972

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You're going to have to wash environment and dog for 8-16 weeks, and possible oral therapy:
Environmental: Wash environment with bleach diluted 1:100 if possible- preferably limit dog to area of house you can bleach such as tiled area
Topical: Wash dog twice weekly with Ketohex or Malaseb or Curaseb shampoo (containing ketoconazole or miconazole)
Oral: Itraconazole 5-10 mg/kg once daily for 7 days, stop for 7 days, treat for 7 days,stop for 7 days, then last 7 day treatment OR:
Terbinafine 30 mg/kg once daily for 4 weeks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Few days on ketoconazole View attachment 107399

Top looks like interdigital cyst... epsom salts soaks help clear those, but they are usually due to an allergy... environmental or food . Wipes paws when coming in from outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.