Breathing while sleeping

DaisyMayFlores

Nov 28, 2010
My 6 month year old puppy sometimes seems like she has a hard time breathing out of her nose when she's sleeping is that normal?

OP
D

DaisyMayFlores

Nov 28, 2010
She usually breathes out of her nose when she's sleeping until she realizes a few seconds later that she needs to breathe and then uses her mouth. I dont know if its a dream thing or her breathing.

OP
D

DaisyMayFlores

Nov 28, 2010
Sometimes she seems like she has a wet breathing after water too...is that normal. My vet says she is completely healthy and i even took her elsewhere for a second opinion. I've never a bulldog so I'm new to a lot of this.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
It could be normal - bulldogs have a very unique respiratory system and they make lots of funny sounds when they sleep. However, if you sense something is wrong - and it sounds like you do - you might try to find a vet that is well versed in bulldogs and ask about stenotic nares. Here is a short article on that common condition. So perhaps look at your bully's nose and see if the nostrils look pinched or closed off and go from there. You may also want to reference the vet recommendations section of the site to point you in the direction of a good bulldog vet in your area.

I hope this helps, keep us updated!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
sorry dont have that kinda of problem here hope you'll figure it out

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.