Lesson learned

AJnSJ

Aug 26, 2013
Bay Area, Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
Ok so I let the rep at Costco put me together when I went in to get frontline for Ozzy and his cat. She convinced me that the Kirkland brand was so effective blah blah blah.

I just spent 400 on antibiotics and medicated shampoo along with a special grooming because fleas exploded all over him. Costco should be ashamed of themselves.

God I wish there was a natural remedy for fleas that actually worked that didn't require a caldron and a witches spell.

AJ

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use Sentinel for Heart worms and it works for fleas too.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Lavender works great, but.......hehe's.....you do need a large pot to boil it to make the liquid for a spray. Lavender sprigs work great but the natural oil works too. Repells fleas and ticks and smells awesome on the bullies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ugh.... There are many natural remedies, I think there is a thread here with some listed, but I have used Sentinel for years and have never pulled of a flea.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Food grade DE is my best friend. We use it along with Sentinel and have no fleas at all.

OP
AJnSJ

AJnSJ

Aug 26, 2013
Bay Area, Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
Food grade DE is my best friend. We use it along with Sentinel and have no fleas at all.

What is DE?

As far as the lavender goes I have a lot of it growing in the garden. Guess I'll need to bust out a cauldron and throw on a witches hat and get to brewing a potion lol

The frontline has worked but I just hate the thought of putting something like that on my animals.

AJ

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
What is DE?
As far as the lavender goes I have a lot of it growing in the garden. Guess I'll need to bust out a cauldron and throw on a witches hat and get to brewing a potion lol
The frontline has worked but I just hate the thought of putting something like that on my animals.
AJ

DE is Diatomaceous Earth. It is basically very fine crushed up plant fossils that is smooth to the touch but like razor blades to fleas and other pests. The food grade DE can be eaten by both humans and our pets as well as put on their coats. The only things you do not want to do is to let your pet or yourself inhale the powder as it would be like a billion razor blades going in to your lungs.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
DE is Diatomaceous Earth. It is basically very fine crushed up plant fossils that is smooth to the touch but like razor blades to fleas and other pests. The food grade DE can be eaten by both humans and our pets as well as put on their coats. The only things you do not want to do is to let your pet or yourself inhale the powder as it would be like a billion razor blades going in to your lungs.

We use de powder in our pool filter. Didn't knew about other uses!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh man! Thats horrible. I hate that you had to go through that but it is nice to know that that stiff sucks! We use sentinel and weve had no problems. And we live in a wooded area right by the lake. Good luck!

Redsmom

Aug 17, 2013
Pleasanton, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shakespeare
Thanks for the update on the Kirkland brand. I just bought some but haven't opened it yet-- I won't even bother trying it! Thanks! :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Ok so I let the rep at Costco put me together when I went in to get frontline for Ozzy and his cat. She convinced me that the Kirkland brand was so effective blah blah blah.

I just spent 400 on antibiotics and medicated shampoo along with a special grooming because fleas exploded all over him. Costco should be ashamed of themselves.

God I wish there was a natural remedy for fleas that actually worked that didn't require a caldron and a witches spel.

AJ
:rofl::lmaogirl:@ cauldron and witches spell. LOL....if you find that book of spells please do share. LOL:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online