Thread: Spot that's red and a little bloody?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Spot that's red and a little bloody?

Last night all the sudden Bennie had an area on the front of his shoulder that was bloody, I cleaned it and couldn't find a wound of any kind, the skin was just red I had NO idea what happened cos he was inside with us and the only thing that could have bitten him was our parrots which is kind of a long shot. So this "wound" healed and this morning it looked normal again, I was so relived. But now 15 minutes ago I found another spot on the side of the opposite shoulder

What can this be?

The pitbull we had before our bulldogs got similar spots at one stage(I can't remember exactly but my husband says it's exactly the same) and the vet gave us Pyostat shampoo for it. On our pitty it was a kind of bacteria called Staphylococcus that caused it. I still have the shampoo, must just check the date on it... but it should be safe to wash him with it and see if these spots stop popping up right?

Any other ideas on what it can be? The only thing that has changed is that last week I gave them one spoon of greek yoghurt on their food cos it was so hot outside and I thought it would be like ice cream for them

He acts normal, he doesn't try to scratch it and he doesn't even seem to know the spots are there he just looks funny at me when I'm cleaning him like a crazy person
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Spot that's red and a little bloody?

Is it dry or moist... Can you possibly get a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I tried to get a pic just now but it actually doesn't show anything but pink/red skin under the fur on an area big as a strawberry kind of... don't know the inches measurements you guys use It's not meaty or anything, noting is coming out of the "wound", it's just pink/red skin and it bleeds a little when it "bursts". The hair is still normal, no hair is falling out so once the blood is wiped off you could never tell it was there... After the "burst" it dries up and goes back to normal, all I did last night was clean it with a baby wipe cloth.

The vet says there is a specific bird that brings the "Staph" bacteria and the dogs can carry it without any problems, it's if the immune system goes down for some reason or from an allergic reaction that it can blossom out So it might have been me trying to be nice with the greek yoghurt that started it

He got a bath now with the pyostat shampoo and if it doesn't come back we're good, otherwise he's going to the vet end of week. I hope the bath was all that was needed...

If he gets another one I'll take a pic before I clean it, it's easier to see anything then

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Oh Petra, I'm so sorry... I'm afraid I don't know anything about this, I hope you figure something out soon... Keep us posted

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    I tried to get a pic just now but it actually doesn't show anything but pink/red skin under the fur on an area big as a strawberry kind of... don't know the inches measurements you guys use It's not meaty or anything, noting is coming out of the "wound", it's just pink/red skin and it bleeds a little when it "bursts". The hair is still normal, no hair is falling out so once the blood is wiped off you could never tell it was there... After the "burst" it dries up and goes back to normal, all I did last night was clean it with a baby wipe cloth.

The vet says there is a specific bird that brings the "Staph" bacteria and the dogs can carry it without any problems, it's if the immune system goes down for some reason or from an allergic reaction that it can blossom out So it might have been me trying to be nice with the greek yoghurt that started it

He got a bath now with the pyostat shampoo and if it doesn't come back we're good, otherwise he's going to the vet end of week. I hope the bath was all that was needed...

If he gets another one I'll take a pic before I clean it, it's easier to see anything then
    yea, sure does sound like staph
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm no help in this area either. Hubby home yet?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sounds like possibly a hot spot but could be staph, the shampoo should help either way. Poor baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    I'm no help in this area either. Hubby home yet?
    Ja, he came home late Tuesday night good to have him around again, he's a little less paranoid than me when it comes to the kids...

It's now about 5 hours since his bath with the special shampoo and he seems happy and no new spots, hope it stays that way I've been searching the rest of the family of 6 for spots but they are all fine luckily. Gonna clean all the beddings and stuff tomorrow and give Bennie another bath on Saturday. Think I'm gonna give them all a bath just to be sure... what a mission that will be, lol. Normally they don't all bath on the same day

Remove Ads