inter digital cyst

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So this is the worse one yet! I have tried putting witch hazel on a cotton ball, neosporian he licked it off then threw up (dummy) I don't have Epsom salt I am going to try and grab some tomorrow after work but he seems really irritated by it and keeps trying to lick it. Any thoughts on how to make him more comfortable or how to reduce the size? It doesn't look ready to burst yet. 20131016_212830.jpg

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
warm compresses, i used a warm washcloth and held it there, rewarmed it with hot water and repeat until Lola got irritated.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
He is already pissed at me lol he is not having it at all poor beans maybe once he takes a nap he will let me try again!

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper, Mooney, Lear Panda and Pitts
I tied Epson Salts... it definitely helped. But it was just a temporary relief.
I finally took her to the Vet, and he prescribed antibiotics. In 48 hours she was much better.
Piper has a lot of allergies, ear infections. I switched her to raw food 3 weeks ago and I really hope this will help ;)
Good luck!

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Good luck with the diet change! I am so reluctant to go to the vet I feel like we have been other like a million times this year already. Maybe ill call them and see if she has recommendatiobs. Antibiotics and such scare me since we have never paired anything with his seizure meds bbeside benedryl and that is only small doses.

Erinbarin

May 3, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
Clean and dry thoroughly between the toes and the underside of their toes especially, with a warm washcloth using antibacterial soap. Massage gently with the washcloth. The Epsom salt will help. Panalog/animax ointment and antibiotics will help as well...

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Well it popped :( poor guy I felt it when he stepped on my leg to snuggle fortunately he doesn't seem to feel pain so I got the pick out and cleaned it up with witch hazel

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue had one that popped a few months ago. There was a ton of blood. I cleaned it and put some Neosporin on to keep it from getting infected. Also took him to the vet and he was put on antibiotics for 10 days. Think you need to use something stronger than witch hazel for now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So this is the worse one yet! I have tried putting witch hazel on a cotton ball, neosporian he licked it off then threw up (dummy) I don't have Epsom salt I am going to try and grab some tomorrow after work but he seems really irritated by it and keeps trying to lick it. Any thoughts on how to make him more comfortable or how to reduce the size? It doesn't look ready to burst yet. View attachment 58270

epsom salt foot soaks... Warm water and keep his paws DRY. They are allergy related so think about doing the full blood screen allergy test to try and baseline what to avoid

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
That's why it happened it has been wet and rainy here for a couple weeks we have been trying to keep them dry but it doesn't always work very well :( I think also that the food change and seasonal allergies are another thing that could have made it happen.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh poor Loki, he needs galoshes . I hope the poor baby feels better soon.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's why it happened it has been wet and rainy here for a couple weeks we have been trying to keep them dry but it doesn't always work very well :( I think also that the food change and seasonal allergies are another thing that could have made it happen.

Buster just had one of these buggers about 2 weeks ago and I read on here somewhere that someone had used this stuff "Vetercyn" its blue and I order it off Amazon I got it pretty quick and sprayed it on the cyst, it doesn't smell like anything at all. The cyst was completely gone in 2 days. It's some kind of a gel and it sticks to the wound but he didn't lick it or anything! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it work so fast myself.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Question!!!!! I have the bath drawn with the Epsom salt he always crooks the bath water will he get the shits if he drinks this water?!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
uhhhh maybe! let him drink from the faucet running

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online