Help Needed! Throwing up bile

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hello everyone- so yesterday when I got home around 8pm duchess threw up bile with traces of red dots in it (blood?) my girlfriend just called me and said she just threw up again - bile with red traces in it. She is raw fed she eats at 7-8am and around 8pm. All ground food. Any idea what this could be or why? She's thrown up bile once or twice in the past and I know this is usually due to an empty stomach. Any help or ideas?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello everyone- so yesterday when I got home around 8pm duchess threw up bile with traces of red dots in it (blood?) my girlfriend just called me and said she just threw up again - bile with red traces in it. She is raw fed she eats at 7-8am and around 8pm. All ground food. Any idea what this could be or why? She's thrown up bile once or twice in the past and I know this is usually due to an empty stomach. Any help or ideas?

Good to see you man, it's been awhile! It does sound lie the empty stomach syndrome. I would buy some plain rice cakes and give to her right before bedtime. Buster had this happen to him and the rice cakes cleared it right up.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] ill get some tonight- the traces of blood is what concerned me- I give them crushed egg shells for calcium so I'm wondering if that irritated her and could be the cause of the blood traces. Ya I've been so busy it has caused me to slack on the forum- now I'm in the middle of moving- hopefully te dogs take it well- same building so that should help. After the move ill be back in full force.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@pdolphin27 ill get some tonight- the traces of blood is what concerned me- I give them crushed egg shells for calcium so I'm wondering if that irritated her and could be the cause of the blood traces. Ya I've been so busy it has caused me to slack on the forum- now I'm in the middle of moving- hopefully te dogs take it well- same building so that should help. After the move ill be back in full force.

It could be, I'm wondering if it's just because she's on a raw diet, hopefully the rice cakes knock it out. GOOD luck on the move!! It'll be good to have you back. Please give Duchess a big hug from Buster and I.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Phil has you covered..... good luck with the move and keep us posted on Duchess

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what it sounds like to me too, just empty stomach. The blood spots, don't sound good though.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] have you ever heard of this before? The blood traces that is?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Could it be tiny particles of undigested ground meat?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION], the bone you put in their food is it ground up well? Any small sharp pieces could be causing some bleeding.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] yes it's ground very small- maybe 1/4 the size of a pinky nail

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION], I don't feed raw, but if I remember correctly, the people who do feed raw, grind the bones up pretty fine.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hoping everything is okay! I would be concered if the blood spots continue! Maybe cut out the bones in the meantime to see if it gets better! i am not a raw feeder so I dont have much advice! :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.