Thread: just noticed Maggie is lactating.. definitely not "with bullies"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pudge RIP, and Maggie
    Likes (Received)

Default just noticed Maggie is lactating.. definitely not "with bullies"

Ok, so Maggie went through her heat cycle in July. Nothing unusual; wore a diaper like a fasion model. She is definitely not pregnant.

Her boobies are saggy.. I just figured that maybe she was bred before (although I hope not, cuz she is only 2 year old)

But today, as I was giving her a belly rub, I noticed a crusty substance on her teets. And her lower 4 boobs are warmer than the rest of her belly area..

I cleaned the crustiness off and did a bit of light "milking" (at a loss for a better word) and sure enough,.. milk.. not cloudy colustrum.. it's white milk looking.. so weird!

Any thoughts?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: just noticed Maggie is lactating.. definitely not "with bullies"

Quote Originally Posted by PudgyMommy View Post
    Ok, so Maggie went through her heat cycle in July. Nothing unusual; wore a diaper like a fasion model. She is definitely not pregnant.

Her boobies are saggy.. I just figured that maybe she was bred before (although I hope not, cuz she is only 2 year old)

But today, as I was giving her a belly rub, I noticed a crusty substance on her teets. And her lower 4 boobs are warmer than the rest of her belly area..

I cleaned the crustiness off and did a bit of light "milking" (at a loss for a better word) and sure enough,.. milk.. not cloudy colustrum.. it's white milk looking.. so weird!

Any thoughts?

If she has had a litter previously and certainly not pregnant, she may be having a pseudo pregnancy, it's where her body and brain think she's pregnant when she's not. She should be fine, don't express the milk- otherwise it won't dry out and she may be stimulated to make more. If she does it could lead to mastitis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: just noticed Maggie is lactating.. definitely not "with bullies"

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    If she has had a litter previously and certainly not pregnant, she may be having a pseudo pregnancy, it's where her body and brain think she's pregnant when she's not. She should be fine, don't express the milk- otherwise it won't dry out and she may be stimulated to make more. If she does it could lead to mastitis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    eh. what ^^^^ she said
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads