just noticed Maggie is lactating.. definitely not "with bullies"

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
Ok, so Maggie went through her heat cycle in July. Nothing unusual; wore a diaper like a fasion model. She is definitely not pregnant.

Her boobies are saggy.. I just figured that maybe she was bred before (although I hope not, cuz she is only 2 year old)

But today, as I was giving her a belly rub, I noticed a crusty substance on her teets. And her lower 4 boobs are warmer than the rest of her belly area..

I cleaned the crustiness off and did a bit of light "milking" (at a loss for a better word) and sure enough,.. milk.. not cloudy colustrum.. it's white milk looking.. so weird!

Any thoughts?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ok, so Maggie went through her heat cycle in July. Nothing unusual; wore a diaper like a fasion model. She is definitely not pregnant.

Her boobies are saggy.. I just figured that maybe she was bred before (although I hope not, cuz she is only 2 year old)

But today, as I was giving her a belly rub, I noticed a crusty substance on her teets. And her lower 4 boobs are warmer than the rest of her belly area..

I cleaned the crustiness off and did a bit of light "milking" (at a loss for a better word) and sure enough,.. milk.. not cloudy colustrum.. it's white milk looking.. so weird!

Any thoughts?

If she has had a litter previously and certainly not pregnant, she may be having a pseudo pregnancy, it's where her body and brain think she's pregnant when she's not. She should be fine, don't express the milk- otherwise it won't dry out and she may be stimulated to make more. If she does it could lead to mastitis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If she has had a litter previously and certainly not pregnant, she may be having a pseudo pregnancy, it's where her body and brain think she's pregnant when she's not. She should be fine, don't express the milk- otherwise it won't dry out and she may be stimulated to make more. If she does it could lead to mastitis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

eh. :blink: what ^^^^ she said

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.