Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Franklin's first head tremor help

Well he had another one just now my husband woke up and looked at him and he was doing it he hasn't had one since the 13 and the only thing that is I didn't have green beans all this week and tonight I gave him some with his food he has been eating green beans with his food for almost a year now so I don't know what it could be that was the only thing different this week he had rice instead of g beans and he's been acting as if my female is getting ready to go into heat so that's the only thing I can think of but he had it in his sleep so if he was excited about it he would have it then so I don't know I'm lost I wish I knew so I could stop whatever is causing it

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by loveabully View Post
    So good news guys so far he hasn't had one since yesterday!!! I gave him a couple of cookies through out the night and he was fine so I hope that's all it was is low blood sugar. Fingers crossed thank you everyone for all your prayers and support thank you I'm so thankful for this site I knew what to do right away!!!

If you continue to give cookies he'll develop weight gain with associated issues.
    Low blood sugar (may not even be the reason for tremors in his case) is not solved
    with sugar~all foods have natural sugar just some dump in your system faster (bad)
    than others (better). Cookies also have GRAIN, not good for bullies. The NUTRITION
    articles listed in the Forum are great sources of info you need as are the TREMORS
    articles and their food tips. Good luck and keep us informed.

One more thing about sugar...the fast (bad) dumping ones like cookies, candies, donuts,
    etc cause CRASHES once the fuel is burned off (which is quickly)...you want slow release
    and long lasting fuel for EVEN BLOOD STABLIZATION.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by loveabully View Post
    Well he had another one just now my husband woke up and looked at him and he was doing it he hasn't had one since the 13 and the only thing that is I didn't have green beans all this week and tonight I gave him some with his food he has been eating green beans with his food for almost a year now so I don't know what it could be that was the only thing different this week he had rice instead of g beans and he's been acting as if my female is getting ready to go into heat so that's the only thing I can think of but he had it in his sleep so if he was excited about it he would have it then so I don't know I'm lost I wish I knew so I could stop whatever is causing it
    the think about these tremors is they are unknown causes, all we can do is try to determine the trigger and then finger out what stops them. I found with my girl, it is stree realted/OCD, if we move something or she sense stress in the house she has them. When we first moved into our apartment while waiting for our home to be built, she had them consistently for the four months we were ther and again for a month after in the new home. We are her a year now and we only see them when we have stress around her.

our boy, his were allergy related, he got them mostly in spring fall when his allergies were at the worst. A small treat for both of them would get the tremor to stop... Some low calorie,... Green beans, piece of a plain rice cakes, their kibble, anything o distract
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yeah your right but I get the grain free veggie cookies so at least there a little better then the others but I get what your saying thank you

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yeah he stops right away when I give him a treat so it might not be blood sugar it might be stress but I don't know I just hope it's not all the time

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Ruthie goes through spurts with hers. Some times she will have them every night for a week(she only gets hers a night) then it stops for 2-3 months, then they start up again. It's exhausting. I drove myself crazy between the vet and doing online research trying to find out about them, when I came upon EBN. It's nice to know you aren't alone. I find with Ruthie, giving her something hard to chew on, like a carrot helps get hers to stop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads