Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ok so its to soon to know if that is going to happen. But Im 99% Daisy ate a small dishrag last night. It was by the folded laundry last night and then it wasnt this morning. Now Im worried. So I know she wouldnt of ripped it apart,she prolly just chewed it until it got wet and swallowed it. Im worried:/ What do I do? Give it a few days? And what happens if she does :poo: it out? And its just hanging? Do we pull it out? Or What. Ive been lucky before and caught her as soon as she has done it and induced puking... What are your guys experiences?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ut-oh!!!! not good... :(

The first sign she ate it is that she probably won't eat. If she does eat and ate it she will likely try to vomit it out. If by some miracle it works its way through her system it will likely need some help coming out the back end. Do not pull it out. Get some lubricant jelly and a pair of gloves and try to remove it very slowly. You can damage the intestines if not taken out carefully.

Cloth will not show up in an X-ray. If she cannot hold down food, after several days, or starts puking up foul green colored stuff she may need surgery.

Feeding something high in fiber can help her pass it on her own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ut-oh!!!! not good... :(

The first sign she ate it is that she probably won't eat. If she does eat and ate it she will likely try to vomit it out. If by some miracle it works its way through her system it will likely need some help coming out the back end. Do not pull it out. Get some lubricant jelly and a pair of gloves and try to remove it very slowly. You can damage the intestines if not taken out carefully.

Cloth will not show up in an X-ray. If she cannot hold down food, after several days, or starts puking up foul green colored stuff she may need surgery.

Feeding something high in fiber can help her pass it on her own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yikes. So with the Jelly Im gonna have to stick my fingers in her butt? Graphic I know.. lol But I just wanna make sure! Im almost positive she did. She was chewing on it. and I had to take it from her at one point. ... She seemed fine this morning.. I gave her some kefir befor she had her breakfast. Whats the best fiber to give her?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, Sheena, you already got great advice from Lisa. I've had this happen three times with Dozer, he's my sweat sock eater. The first time he swallowed a sock, he threw it up one day after his breakfast, it was quite brown and sour smelling, so must have been in there for a while, we didn't know he swallowed it, but he threw it up. The second time he swallowed my Grandsons sock, again we didn't know he had swallowed it, but he got sick one weekend. The signs of obstruction you want to watch out for, are not eating, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling water, or saliva from her mouth, and being lethargic. Dozer had all these symptoms, and we brought him to the vet, she did do a X-ray, and although you can't se cloth, it did show a shadow in his intestines, and she could feel that there was something in his stomach. She put him on an IV, gave him a pain medication, and a strong laxative, and she sent me home with a high fibre food, which we fed him a Tbsp. every hour or two, that night he pooped out the sweat sock. She really thought he would have to have surgery, but he was able to pass it out on his own, and we didn't have to do anything to help him get it out. It can take up to a week for them to pass objects they've swallowed. Dozer also ate a J- cloth which is a disposable dish cloth, and again he pooped it out. He's a trash compactor, and I think he thinks he's a Bully Goat, not a Bully Dog. They are such silly dogs sometimes, you would think we don't feed them or something. If Daisy did swallow the cloth, she more than likely will either throw it up, or poop it out and be fine, just keep an eye on her, and now you have to become a CSI Poop agent. Keep us posted on how she's doing, and if she passes anything.

I'll share the picture of the sock Dozer pooped out this summer, my vet couldn't believe he didn't need surgery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hi, Sheena, you already got great advice from Lisa. I've had this happen three times with Dozer, he's my sweat sock eater. The first time he swallowed a sock, he threw it up one day after his breakfast, it was quite brown and sour smelling, so must have been in there for a while, we didn't know he swallowed it, but he threw it up. The second time he swallowed my Grandsons sock, again we didn't know he had swallowed it, but he got sick one weekend. The signs of obstruction you want to watch out for, are not eating, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling water, or saliva from her mouth, and being lethargic. Dozer had all these symptoms, and we brought him to the vet, she did do a X-ray, and although you can't se cloth, it did show a shadow in his intestines, and she could feel that there was something in his stomach. She put him on an IV, gave him a pain medication, and a strong laxative, and she sent me home with a high fibre food, which we fed him a Tbsp. every hour or two, that night he pooped out the sweat sock. She really thought he would have to have surgery, but he was able to pass it out on his own, and we didn't have to do anything to help him get it out. It can take up to a week for them to pass objects they've swallowed. Dozer also ate a J- cloth which is a disposable dish cloth, and again he pooped it out. He's a trash compactor, and I think he thinks he's a Bully Goat, not a Bully Dog. They are such silly dogs sometimes, you would think we don't feed them or something. If Daisy did swallow the cloth, she more than likely will either throw it up, or poop it out and be fine, just keep an eye on her, and now you have to become a CSI Poop agent. Keep us posted on how she's doing, and if she passes anything.

I'll share the picture of the sock Dozer pooped out this summer, my vet couldn't believe he didn't need surgery.

Oh god :( I hate having to worry about her while Im at work. She is so mischevious! My thing is, is that she may puke it up but knowing her she will try to eat it again... And what kind of fiber can I give her? Thanks :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't remember the name if the food my vet gave us for Dozer, but it was a wet food, with high fibre, and we bought it from our vets office. I think it may have been Science Diet, I'm sure your vet can give you a suggestion, I don't think the brand of wet food matters, as long as it has a high fibre content to help move the intestines and bowel. You're only going to feed it for a day or two, so it doesn't matter if its the same brand of food, as what you're feeding her now, or if it's not the best food, as it's only being used temporarily.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
just going to say -- I pray she did not eat it and it is under a chair or something! if she did, then the prayers are that it all comes out with out surgery! :pray:

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
just going to say -- I pray she did not eat it and it is under a chair or something! if she did, then the prayers are that it all comes out with out surgery! :pray:

Thanks :) Im hoping the same thing.. .But that booger is so quick, I wouldnt doubt that she did!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember the name if the food my vet gave us for Dozer, but it was a wet food, with high fibre, and we bought it from our vets office. I think it may have been Science Diet, I'm sure your vet can give you a suggestion, I don't think the brand of wet food matters, as long as it has a high fibre content to help move the intestines and bowel. You're only going to feed it for a day or two, so it doesn't matter if its the same brand of food, as what you're feeding her now, or if it's not the best food, as it's only being used temporarily.

Thanks doll :) Well I called and they said I can give her Metamucil(fiber supplement) so hopefully that helps... Fingers crossed!

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Hope every thing comes out OK! Thoughts and prayers from Missouri.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Thinking of you all and sending good thoughts and prayers for a really good outcome.. Lil booger is right...I think they do this stuff to make us nuts!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Prayers that is wasn't eaten and is just lost somewhere. Hope all goes or as the case may be comes out well...will be praying for the little miss. Give her hugs from me and Sheldon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.