What is this bump?

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
20131012_125532.jpg

I woke up a couple days ago and Agnes had this red bump on her face. It doesn't seem to be getting better. Today I put some triple antiibiotic cream on it. Anybody seen something like this before?

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
No, sorry, I have no experience, but it looks nasty. I've tagged someone who might be able to help. I hope you find out what it is and Agnes is back to her old beautiful self really quick!

BulldogMoma

Apr 15, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
It looks like a histiocytoma, which is a benign skin tumor. My Clyde had one that my vet suggested we just watch, as they generally disappear on their own without treatment. Sure enough, in about three weeks, it was gone. To be safe, I would have your vet take a look at it.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Is it a raised bump and hard? When my bugg was a puppy my be had a benign tumor on her side that looked just like that. When we took her to the vet she said that since it was perfectly round and she was a puppy there wasn't anything to worry about and it will go down and disappear in a few months, which it did.

Her bump was not iterated it was red and a hard round bump. It might be just a pimple or bug bite too. Keep an eye on it and if it gets any bigger you should go to the vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=6803]bulldogmama[/MENTION] looks like we had a similar experience!

It is kind of hard to tell from the picture if it's a irritation or not but it does look very similar to the benign tumor my bugg had

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like a hot spot, clean it with some antibacterial soap and try to keep it dry. You can also put some Neosporin on it too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It looks like a histiocytoma, which is a benign skin tumor. My Clyde had one that my vet suggested we just watch, as they generally disappear on their own without treatment. Sure enough, in about three weeks, it was gone. To be safe, I would have your vet take a look at it.

Agree, looks like a hystiocytoma to me too.

OP
heavyblankets

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
Thanks for the input, everyone. It is perfectly round and slightly raised. It was less red yesterday but today turned bright red after some playtime with her pitbull friend.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ouch.... Not sure what it is, but when you find out please let us know.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thanks for the input, everyone. It is perfectly round and slightly raised. It was less red yesterday but today turned bright red after some playtime with her pitbull friend.

Same thing would happen to my bugg too and then it would bleed too.. When my bugg got it I was worried it meant she was now predisposed to skin cancer and my vet said that I had nothing to worry about. To be safe take her to the vet to be sure. Good luck!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.