Trifexis under new name... Beware!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Got this email from Claire who's working on getting Trifexis off the market, thought I share it with you all.

To everyone who signed my petition:
I'm not sure if this showed up on the news feed or not, so I figured I'd send it to everyone. There is a new website called Vethical.com. I inspected this website thoroughly, it is Elanco under a new name. Their product called Comboguard for dogs is Trifexis under a different name. The box even looks the same. Don't let them fool you!
Here is the good news. Amazon.com has recently taken down all Elanco products. We have several reporters and lawyers working on this case, and the director of Change.org wants to feature this petition in its social media sites. I do believe that we're getting somewhere, and that Trifexis will eventually be recalled. Thanks for signing!
-Claire

Hope I didn't break any rules by sharing it:ashamed: Stay safe everyone:heart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh this makes my blood boil... :censored: I'm glad you posted this and hopefully they can put a stop to selling this product!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Got to love it when a company re-brands itself and its products to try and deceive the consumer population.

Annabella

May 16, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella
Hi Everyone, this is my first posting but I have been reading and gobbling up everything that has been said. I have gratefully been Annabella's mom for 2 wonderful years, there is nothing like a bully in your life. Anyway, I am reading about the Trifexis and have become worried because Annabella takes these. She hasn't had any problems and I am wondering if I should take her off them, what is everyone else giving the bullies for fleas and heartworm prevention?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Hi Everyone, this is my first posting but I have been reading and gobbling up everything that has been said. I have gratefully been Annabella's mom for 2 wonderful years, there is nothing like a bully in your life. Anyway, I am reading about the Trifexis and have become worried because Annabella takes these. She hasn't had any problems and I am wondering if I should take her off them, what is everyone else giving the bullies for fleas and heartworm prevention?
We currently use Comfortis and Heartguard.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

We use Sentinel... have for many years without issue

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

I'm sorry I'm at no help here:( since heart worm does not exist in South Africa. The reason I'm posting this is so that those who have had bad experiences from Trifexis or have decided not to give it due to other reasons not get tricked. I'm sure there are many dogs who does well on Trifexis:) Obviously I'd like it to be taken off the market but I also realize that will cause inconvenience to those who use it successfully:unsure: It's a hard choice to switch any medicine that works so I can definitely see your dilemma. Much love to you and Annabella:heart:

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
For any additional information or comments about Vethical ComboGuard, please communicate with your veterinarian or call 1-888-545-5973.

Strange that thye don't seem to want to discuss this on the Internet.

Anyway, I called the number and right off the bat, got a "Welcome to Elanco" greeting followed by more Elanco collateral.

We switched Walley-Bubba from Trifexis to Sentinel last month.
The main reason we switched was because we felt uncomfortable with Trifexis.
Re-branding the same product and being somewhat evasive about discussing it on the Internet makes us feel even more uncomfortable with this company.
Glad we switched and thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge on this subject otherwise we would never have known about the risk or the behavior of Coporate America in this case.

Maybe they should have named it Provasic (as in the movie The Fugative).

Thanks again and God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Thank you for posting, Petra...you are an angel...how's the new puppy doing?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
​Thank you for posting, Petra...you are an angel...how's the new puppy doing?

Thank you Carol, he's doing really well:) he's not as shy anymore and he plays all day with the others, esp the Chihuahua, they are the best of friends:heart: He's so soft and sweet, when he's done peeing he comes running and he throws himself like a carpet in front of my feet wanting some "good boy" love, lol. He's been sleeping with the others in the night now for 2+ weeks and he has never had an accident inside, I'm very impressed with him. And he learned to sit for food in just a couple of days:tongue:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks for sharing the info. We use Sentinel for our babies and have never had a problem with it.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you Carol, he's doing really well:) he's not as shy anymore and he plays all day with the others, esp the Chihuahua, they are the best of friends:heart: He's so soft and sweet, when he's done peeing he comes running and he throws himself like a carpet in front of my feet wanting some "good boy" love, lol. He's been sleeping with the others in the night now for 2+ weeks and he has never had an accident inside, I'm very impressed with him. And he learned to sit for food in just a couple of days:tongue:

Petra, this just makes my heart sing! I am so happy for all of you.

Give him love from me & Cami as well give much love to all your gang!

GOD bless you & Hubby...my heros.
:angelheart:

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

Petra, this just makes my heart sing! I am so happy for all of you.

Give him love from me & Cami as well give much love to all your gang!

It's almost bed time here, will snuggle them a lill extra tonight:grouphug: I'm sure they're sending lots of slobbery kisses back to you and Cami:D :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.