Maggie

Kamden

Oct 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
My poor girl seems to be suffering from idiopathic tremors... Bringing me to tears... Is there anything I can do for her???

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
I have a Maggie, too!.. and she has head tremors... scared me to death.. they lasted up to 15 minutes.
Here is what I did...
Changed her feeding schedule to...
breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1/4 bananna, 1/4 orange
snack (around lunchtime) - bananna
dinner - 2 cups kibble, 1 dollop yogurt, and a squirt of honey
late night - small spoon of peanut butter

I also made sure she was hydrated. She has water available all the time, but isn't always interested in it. So, I sometimes add a little chicken broth to it.. It dissapears instantly.

After making those changes, her tremors have almost vanished. Overthe last 2 weeks, she has hadonly 2 that i knowof, and neith lasted more than a minute, or even woke her up..

So, try those things.. They certainly can't hurt.

If you want to compare your Maggie's tremors to mine, search on you tube with "Maggie Engligh Bulldog Idiopathic Head Tremors"

Good Luck, and try not to worry too much. They look more scary than they are harmful... Harder on us than the bully.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My poor girl seems to be suffering from idiopathic tremors... Bringing me to tears... Is there anything I can do for her???
[MENTION=8534]PudgyMommy[/MENTION] gave you great advice..... as long as your Maggie is responding to you they really are harmless, just very scary to see. Offer a treat to distract the muscles when one is taking place and try all the above mentioned by pudgymommy to help lessen them.

good luck and keep us posted.

and.... :welcome3: to EBN

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
They are so difficult to watch..read up on them on the home page..so much great information by [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. Chumley suffers from them..treats distract him immediately..i know its not a sugar thing, at least with chum, as they stop as soon as he starts chewing on a treat.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.