Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lola's allergies - treatment plan from the vet today

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    why are steroids so evil? i know long term they can affect the liver and have other side effects, but short term?? or is it a slippery slope.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    Mor, for me, the side effects. Banks and Nitschke both had such bad side effects..... very high heart rates, sleep issues, peeing all over the house, obsecne burst of energy where we could not calm them down... and Banks more so, would get very aggressive. They also just cover the issue and not really fix anything - they are good for short term relief. Just my opinion.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

OMG speaking of weird steroid effects.. @2BullyMama Lola ATE ALL THE CAT'S FOOD when we went to work yesterday!!! I know that she has had increased hunger, she's ravaged the raw patties (which we added 50% to each meal to accommodate) twice daily. But she's never gone after Meep's food. Ben went home at lunch to let her out (since she may have increased peeing), and texted me asking whether I emptied the cat's dry food bowl. Lola ate every last kibblet of really crappy (purina weight loss management) cat kibble. I'm sure it has a ton of things I've been avoiding, like CHICKEN. No allergic reaction though! I was getting anxious because Ben asked me about the kibble and then no response for like 40 minutes. Now Meep has to eat her kibble on the dining room table (which we don't actually eat on, it's in the sunroom). Also, Lola took a huge deuce this morning.

sidenote Meep is named because she meeps ALOT. meep! meep. Meep! MEEP!
    Last edited by aprilemari; 10-16-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: W0000000000! 1,000th POST!!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww poor baby. Glad the medications are working, and I hope she gets relief and feels better soon.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    OMG speaking of weird steroid effects.. @2BullyMama Lola ATE ALL THE CAT'S FOOD when we went to work yesterday!!! I know that she has had increased hunger, she's ravaged the raw patties (which we added 50% to each meal to accommodate) twice daily. But she's never gone after Meep's food. Ben went home at lunch to let her out (since she may have increased peeing), and texted me asking whether I emptied the cat's dry food bowl. Lola ate every last kibblet of really crappy (purina weight loss management) cat kibble. I'm sure it has a ton of things I've been avoiding, like CHICKEN. No allergic reaction though! I was getting anxious because Ben asked me about the kibble and then no response for like 40 minutes. Now Meep has to eat her kibble on the dining room table (which we don't actually eat on, it's in the sunroom). Also, Lola took a huge deuce this morning.

sidenote Meep is named because she meeps ALOT. meep! meep. Meep! MEEP!

OMG... i forgot about the ravenous hunger too!! Banks would act like she hadn't eaten for weeks every minute of the day.
    Locve the name 'Meep'... too cute

PS -- congrats on the 1000 posts!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads