Ruffled hair???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can it be an air fresheners. We got some at costco and plugged them in all over the house.

Usually is something that comes in contact with skin or a bite from insect.... Not sure if the plugins would do it. If it were spray I would think yes, but the gel thing doubt it

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hmmmmmm I wonder what it could be. Well now u got me thinking one of them was right next to his crate. So I moved it. Let's see what happens.

This happen to Banks twice....Mao bad her face swelled up so much her eyes we sealed shut. We never found out the cause but suspected a bee sting or an Alder tree, which she is highly allergic to.

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
This happen to Banks twice....Mao bad her face swelled up so much her eyes we sealed shut. We never found out the cause but suspected a bee sting or an Alder tree, which she is highly allergic to.
Awe poor thing. There have been a lot of bees in the yard lately. They love to pollinate one of our fruit trees. Hopefully they go away soon. So I need to go get the Benadryl he weights about 55-60lbs would that be like one pill

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Those are hives.... 1mg Benedryl per pound up to 3x a day. Has anything I the home change... Laundry, carpet cleaners?

Yep we just had hives! Loki's were just like that. Our bullies tend to "grow" allergies I feel something that may have been ok yesterday is not ok today. I recommend not using any soaps to wash his bedding and start eliminating things as 2bullymama mentioned. Did anything that he comes in contact with change?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe poor thing. There have been a lot of bees in the yard lately. They love to pollinate one of our fruit trees. Hopefully they go away soon. So I need to go get the Benadryl he weights about 55-60lbs would that be like one pill

If they are the 25mg pill.... Two pills up to 3x a day

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
If they are the 25mg pill.... Two pills up to 3x a day
Thanks I'm always so paranoid with my kids and medicine. And I have OCD as well so I'll just sit here trying to calculate everything and even if I'm right some reassurance sure makes me feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep we just had hives! Loki's were just like that. Our bullies tend to "grow" allergies I feel something that may have been ok yesterday is not ok today. I recommend not using any soaps to wash his bedding and start eliminating things as 2bullymama mentioned. Did anything that he comes in contact with change?
I can't think of anything. But I probably won't sleep tonight just. Thinking about what it could be. Maybe the bee thing.

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Very well could be a bite :) just keep an eye on it over the next few days and see what happens ;) if there is no change then process of elimination :)
I know it must be very uncomfortable for him but I'm hoping that's what it is. I was so scared it could be fleas I'm extremely scared of bugs. Or anything creepy crawly.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Could be hives or a bug bite. I have seen spots similar to those on Harlea after she got bit by a mosquito.

Most Reactions