Ruffled hair???

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Ok so I have a question I need some help.. I've noticed Zeus hair has been a bit ruffled. His hair is not long obviously but in some areas it's raised. I don't know if I'm explaining my self. I've checked for fleas so has my husband we don't see anything. (He's white) also I've noticed he's been scratching a bit more. Laying on the floor and just rubbing his back on the carpet grass etc.. Any idea what this can be. He's never had fleas, I can't see any on him. Can they get bug bites. Can this be allergies he's never really had allergies or this happen to him before. Yes I'm planning on taking him to the vet for his shots and a check up but that will probably be this weekend. Any comments will be appreciated thank you..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Are there any bumps or marks on the skin?

Most bullys like to just roll around on their back especially after waking up or playing.

Is it possible to post a pocture too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok so I have a question I need some help.. I've noticed Zeus hair has been a bit ruffled. His hair is not long obviously but in some areas it's raised. I don't know if I'm explaining my self. I've checked for fleas so has my husband we don't see anything. (He's white) also I've noticed he's been scratching a bit more. Laying on the floor and just rubbing his back on the carpet grass etc.. Any idea what this can be. He's never had fleas, I can't see any on him. Can they get bug bites. Can this be allergies he's never really had allergies or this happen to him before. Yes I'm planning on taking him to the vet for his shots and a check up but that will probably be this weekend. Any comments will be appreciated thank you..

Buster has ruffled hair every once in a while, are you giving Zeus salmon oil?

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Are there any bumps or marks on the skin?

Most bullys like to just roll around on their back especially after waking up or playing.

Is it possible to post a pocture too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
its really not that noticeable. I tried to look at his skin it seems normal. I thought maybe there were bumps but when I look at it there's nothing there. But I'll try to take a pic to see if u can tell. He usually rolls on things but now with his ruffled hair I guess I'm just paranoid.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think I know what you are saying, I've seen it before. Never too much of a reason and couldn't find any sores or nothing, but usually went away as fast as it came.

He could be causing the skin to swell with the scratching? Could certainly be allergies, especially if accompanied by the itchies..., sounds like a vet trip is a great idea this weekend especially if it doesn't improve.

In the meantime you could try giving benedryl 1mg per pound to see if you can give him some relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would just watch it and see if it goes away, May be nothing.

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Ok so idk if you all can tell the weird thing is that it's only in his mid section. It starts where his rib cage ends and it ends at his hips. It's not on his arms or chest or neck or legs. Idk how to tag 2bullymama so she can see the pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 132

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh ok. Thanks. I will keep an eye on him.

Those are hives.... 1mg Benedryl per pound up to 3x a day. Has anything I the home change... Laundry, carpet cleaners?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.