Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 28

Thread: Ruffled hair???

  1. #13
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    I tagged Christine so she'll see these. Benadryl is a pill, Salmon oil is liquid. You know those look like little hives, little bumps. @Davidh is right maybe just give it a day and see if they get any worse.
    Oh ok. Thanks. I will keep an eye on him.

  2. #14
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    Oh ok. Thanks. I will keep an eye on him.
    Please keep us posted on him. I love Zeus, he's so beautiful!!

  3. #15
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11466

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    Oh ok. Thanks. I will keep an eye on him.

    Those are hives.... 1mg Benedryl per pound up to 3x a day. Has anything I the home change... Laundry, carpet cleaners?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #16
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Those are hives.... 1mg Benedryl per pound up to 3x a day. Has anything I the home change... Laundry, carpet cleaners?
    Can it be an air fresheners. We got some at costco and plugged them in all over the house.

  5. #17
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11466

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    Can it be an air fresheners. We got some at costco and plugged them in all over the house.
    Usually is something that comes in contact with skin or a bite from insect.... Not sure if the plugins would do it. If it were spray I would think yes, but the gel thing doubt it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  6. #18
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Hmmmmmm I wonder what it could be. Well now u got me thinking one of them was right next to his crate. So I moved it. Let's see what happens.

  7. #19
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11466

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    Hmmmmmm I wonder what it could be. Well now u got me thinking one of them was right next to his crate. So I moved it. Let's see what happens.
    This happen to Banks twice....Mao bad her face swelled up so much her eyes we sealed shut. We never found out the cause but suspected a bee sting or an Alder tree, which she is highly allergic to.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #20
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    This happen to Banks twice....Mao bad her face swelled up so much her eyes we sealed shut. We never found out the cause but suspected a bee sting or an Alder tree, which she is highly allergic to.
    Awe poor thing. There have been a lot of bees in the yard lately. They love to pollinate one of our fruit trees. Hopefully they go away soon. So I need to go get the Benadryl he weights about 55-60lbs would that be like one pill

  9. #21
    Rescue Volunteer Lokismom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Location
    Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    1,569
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Those are hives.... 1mg Benedryl per pound up to 3x a day. Has anything I the home change... Laundry, carpet cleaners?
    Yep we just had hives! Loki's were just like that. Our bullies tend to "grow" allergies I feel something that may have been ok yesterday is not ok today. I recommend not using any soaps to wash his bedding and start eliminating things as 2bullymama mentioned. Did anything that he comes in contact with change?
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

  10. #22
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11466

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    Awe poor thing. There have been a lot of bees in the yard lately. They love to pollinate one of our fruit trees. Hopefully they go away soon. So I need to go get the Benadryl he weights about 55-60lbs would that be like one pill
    If they are the 25mg pill.... Two pills up to 3x a day
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #23
    Dog Park Attendant ZeusCsmommy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Stockton, California, United States
    Posts
    445
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    If they are the 25mg pill.... Two pills up to 3x a day
    Thanks I'm always so paranoid with my kids and medicine. And I have OCD as well so I'll just sit here trying to calculate everything and even if I'm right some reassurance sure makes me feel better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokismom View Post
    Yep we just had hives! Loki's were just like that. Our bullies tend to "grow" allergies I feel something that may have been ok yesterday is not ok today. I recommend not using any soaps to wash his bedding and start eliminating things as 2bullymama mentioned. Did anything that he comes in contact with change?
    I can't think of anything. But I probably won't sleep tonight just. Thinking about what it could be. Maybe the bee thing.

  12. #24
    Rescue Volunteer Lokismom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Location
    Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    1,569
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Ruffled hair???

    Very well could be a bite just keep an eye on it over the next few days and see what happens if there is no change then process of elimination
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •