Idopathic Head Tremors

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hey ya'll, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I didn't want to jinx in anyway our good news. So far, for 5 nights, Mona has been without head tremors. WOOOO HOOOO.
We are still in the process of switching her food over, which might be the reason they stopped. We have also gone from feeding her once a day to dividing that up to feed her twice a day. Who knows, that might've helped it, too? Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aqualung

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Stomper
Blue... So far only that one episode on June 18th.. It lasted 20 min to half an hour at the most.. I've been feeding her Wellnes Core low fat food, She does not seem to be dropping any weight from it so far.. I'd rate that episode at about a TWO..Never having Tremors with any of my other dogs,I've had Boxers my whole life, it was a lil scary to say the least..Lets just hope it was a 1 time thing!!!

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Hey ya'll, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I didn't want to jinx in anyway our good news. So far, for 5 nights, Mona has been without head tremors. WOOOO HOOOO.
We are still in the process of switching her food over, which might be the reason they stopped. We have also gone from feeding her once a day to dividing that up to feed her twice a day. Who knows, that might've helped it, too? Who knows.

Having two feedings a day probably did help A LOT. If head tremors source from blood sugar levels, (seems that is the case) than this would only make sense, and I wonder if those who do not feed twice daily could actually get them to stop if they started doing this?

As many of you that I have seen have this issue, we just never have. but we always feed twice daily and give snacks & veggies throughout the day. Wonderful to hear Mona is doing better!!!!

Ellen M. Sandy

Mar 8, 2010
Hello, My experience with these head tremors was also scary but I soon found out that after they are over, there is no lasting side effects. The quickest way to stop them is a 5 to 10 cc syringe of karo syrup. I think certain blood lines may carry these tremors but evidently nothing will show up an any bloodwork. Tremors are frightening but my dog has had about 10 in her six years of life and other than that, she is totally healthy. Take care, ES

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Oh my goodness! This is all so intense && scary! I pray to God my babies don't ever have head tremos that severe. :(
But I do have a question.. Chelios sometimes does this weird thing where his jaw starts shacking, trembing. Kinda like the way momo was in the beginning of her video. Except Chelios's doesnt start bobbling. It's just his jaw shaking. When it happens it doesnt seem like its bothering him. But its just super weired. Do you think maybe its a mild head tremors? maybe just not as severe? hmm.. ;)

Knuckles73

Jun 8, 2010
Pensacola, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
My Oscar does this mouth quivering thing too. Its just the lower lip where you see his front bottom teeth. It looks like he's trying to talk but just cant get it out. I have never heard of these head tremors. I wonder if what Oscar is having is mild tremors too?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My Oscar does this mouth quivering thing too. Its just the lower lip where you see his front bottom teeth. It looks like he's trying to talk but just cant get it out. I have never heard of these head tremors. I wonder if what Oscar is having is mild tremors too?

This isn't by chance happening when there is food around is it? Orion has a lower lip quiver, but it's usually in anticipation of food.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How odd, Cutty had a tremor this morning, the first in years actually. We were in bed so I didnt want to go get him ice or anything so I just pet him. He started licking my arm (hes a licker) and it made them stop. I wonder if it is less about what they are eating and more of what they are doing that distracts them enough to make it stop? Very crazy it came out of nowhere tho.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
This isn't by chance happening when there is food around is it? Orion has a lower lip quiver, but it's usually in anticipation of food.

we call this lip quivering "horny lip" because Horse does it after he smells another dog, or if he's smelling around outside and marking his spot. gross...

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith

Weird thing is no. It happens Sporadically. We could be laying in bed watching tv && it randomly happens. It could happen after he's done eating. Or even when he's just laying down. Its so weird! Exactly how knuckles described. It doesn't seem to hurt him.. So i have no idea. Maybe it is kinda a mild head tremors? :(

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
we call this lip quivering "horny lip" because Horse does it after he smells another dog, or if he's smelling around outside and marking his spot. gross...
Vegas does that also when Orion "stratigically" places her girl parts in front of him. Orion's are different. It's when she's anticipating food.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.