Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Vegas will be 3 on August 4th. He was diagnosed when he was 10 months old. We have him on 2 seperate medications. Those videos are from earlier when he was only on a drug called potassium bromide. We've now also added Phenobarbital. He was seizure free for almost 4 months, then we brought Orion home. They started up again, but they are completely different. Before he would do the stuff before, he'd have a seizure, and the post-icle stage was horrible. He'd pace non-stop. He was inconsolable. Then he'd have another one. He'd have clusters of them. 3 an hour. 13 in a day. Some of them intense like the videos and some just face twitching. NOW, he averages one a month. He sometimes will show aggression before hand, or he will stare off into space. They often seem to happen in the early morning hours, when we are in bed. (that's why he sleeps with us) After he gets his wits back, he often will have to use the potty. (before he use to loose bowel control, now he doesn't) Then he climbs back into bed and goes to sleep. I have to make sure during his seizures that I keep him upright. He tends to often roll over to his side or back and with all the foaming, he might aspirate. He is a beautiful baby and a sweetheart. He has both my heart and my husbands. He definately lives up to his name. Addicted 2 Vegas.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

P.S. I love the edit key. Almost everything I post has been edited. I tend to proof read after I submit and find errors like crazy. I heart the edit key!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stomper
    Likes (Received)

We expereniced our first head tremor Fri night.. Stomper was laying inbed with us when she started with it..It looked exacly like the Vegas vid posted except no foaming at the mouth. It was truely scary to us.. I've had Boxers my whole life and never seen anything like it before..It took about half an hour before they stopped..She has not had any since Fri night..You could see on her face she was scared..Thank goodness I got her to relax and finally sleep..
    Once this has happened,am I to expect more tremors ??

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    We expereniced our first head tremor Fri night.. Stomper was laying inbed with us when she started with it..It looked exacly like the Vegas vid posted except no foaming at the mouth. It was truely scary to us.. I've had Boxers my whole life and never seen anything like it before..It took about half an hour before they stopped..She has not had any since Fri night..You could see on her face she was scared..Thank goodness I got her to relax and finally sleep..
    Once this has happened,am I to expect more tremors ??
    I'm sorry Aqualung, they are definitely very scary. Sam had them once to a couple times a day in the first week or so they started. Now it's more like once a month at the most. Went to the doctor for a full exam, blood/parasite testing and he was perfectly healthy. Momo's video above is a perfect example of a head tremor. Now when they start I give him a scoop of food and by the time he's done with it the tremor has stopped.

Happy to hear Momo got a clean bill of health!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

aqualung I am not sure what causes them or how often they are. With Cutty he has gotten them a few times and that was it. The last was over a year and a half ago but then we have switched foods in that time so maybe something in one caused it? I dont know but they say the bullies dont notice it so much and for cutty he never did. Probably the less reaction you have to it the better reaction stomper will have. Hopefully.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

I think this is what happened to my Bully last night. I thought it could have been his vaccines he had 4hrs prior but the breeder told me he could have low blood sugar and give him some Karo syrup. She didn't mention Idopathic Head Tremors as the problem. His head bob wasn't as fast as some of the ones I seen on youtube but i will keep my eye on him!!

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Hey ya'll, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I didn't want to jinx in anyway our good news. So far, for 5 nights, Mona has been without head tremors. WOOOO HOOOO.
    We are still in the process of switching her food over, which might be the reason they stopped. We have also gone from feeding her once a day to dividing that up to feed her twice a day. Who knows, that might've helped it, too? Who knows.
    Last edited by Bulldogg; 06-28-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: accident, was trying to reply with quote!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stomper
    Likes (Received)

Blue... So far only that one episode on June 18th.. It lasted 20 min to half an hour at the most.. I've been feeding her Wellnes Core low fat food, She does not seem to be dropping any weight from it so far.. I'd rate that episode at about a TWO..Never having Tremors with any of my other dogs,I've had Boxers my whole life, it was a lil scary to say the least..Lets just hope it was a 1 time thing!!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    Hey ya'll, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I didn't want to jinx in anyway our good news. So far, for 5 nights, Mona has been without head tremors. WOOOO HOOOO.
    We are still in the process of switching her food over, which might be the reason they stopped. We have also gone from feeding her once a day to dividing that up to feed her twice a day. Who knows, that might've helped it, too? Who knows.

Having two feedings a day probably did help A LOT. If head tremors source from blood sugar levels, (seems that is the case) than this would only make sense, and I wonder if those who do not feed twice daily could actually get them to stop if they started doing this?

As many of you that I have seen have this issue, we just never have. but we always feed twice daily and give snacks & veggies throughout the day. Wonderful to hear Mona is doing better!!!!
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Hello, My experience with these head tremors was also scary but I soon found out that after they are over, there is no lasting side effects. The quickest way to stop them is a 5 to 10 cc syringe of karo syrup. I think certain blood lines may carry these tremors but evidently nothing will show up an any bloodwork. Tremors are frightening but my dog has had about 10 in her six years of life and other than that, she is totally healthy. Take care, ES

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Kikiwhoa21's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicky! :)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness! This is all so intense && scary! I pray to God my babies don't ever have head tremos that severe.
    But I do have a question.. Chelios sometimes does this weird thing where his jaw starts shacking, trembing. Kinda like the way momo was in the beginning of her video. Except Chelios's doesnt start bobbling. It's just his jaw shaking. When it happens it doesnt seem like its bothering him. But its just super weired. Do you think maybe its a mild head tremors? maybe just not as severe? hmm..
    .Peace.Love.&&.Bullies.<3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oscar
    Likes (Received)

My Oscar does this mouth quivering thing too. Its just the lower lip where you see his front bottom teeth. It looks like he's trying to talk but just cant get it out. I have never heard of these head tremors. I wonder if what Oscar is having is mild tremors too?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads