SugarFoot's heat update .....

hmoon

Sep 23, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sugar Foot a.k.a Chelsea Rogers
HEY YALL ..i've been a busy bully mom ..as if her first heat wasn't a "cleaning frenzy without help" ..the 7 yr old Damu , pit bull ...i just had him Neutered ..I FEEL SOOOO BAD ...AFTER LISTENING TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE ..I DECIDED TO MAKE MY OWN DECISION. I feel i have made a terrible mistake . First , i love this pit bull , i bought him for my son and i have taken care of him most of the time ..my son is not here ..but the offer was on the "table" from a wonderful lady ..who said she would have it done ,at no cost to me ..but that's not the reason i did it . I did it because i was told he could get sick , all kinds of prostate problems , engorged tool ,awful things . he had it done yesterday a.m. ( i tried my best to keep good spirits about him arriving ..and try not to let on what was about to happen ..it was ok , he is awesome ..scared , excited , and he had been increasing in aggression towards , the dude i married ,because Damu knows the heart of a man , an angry man , he almost got husband last week..seriously ..6th sense , frustration ,( from SugarFoot's heat ) no dates , no walks , just frustrated and i felt so bad for him. so i pick him up at 5 p.m. OMG !!! all i see is sack...i was immediately sad ,almost cried .asked a bunch of questions about aftercare , not too reassuring , as the Vet , said he will have "residual" in him , keep him separated from SugarFoot ,and he will innately con't to "mark" places ..i mean DAAGG this is like not having any relief ..for Damu . My main reason for this overused procedure , was to protect SugarFoot from any possible mounting from him..she's in her mid-second-week of heat ...man ..i feel like a have castrated a King , my son'e King ...as he is literally howling in grief downstairs , i am in pain too. I feel so bad ..i ask about "nuet-icals "he said it would b expensive and another surgery . Look i'm on a budget , and my baby is SugarFoot. Damu is the protector of me ,and her , and that includes against my husband too, he's not a "dog" or any 'animal' person ( i wished i would of known before, there's something wrong with that !) but forget him ..i do things to ensure security for my son , first , SugarFoot and Damu too. I feel terrible , i can't tell my son , he's not gonna understand ..i believe when you take a dog's Power from him , AND HE BELONGS TO MY SON , it's not good. If i can empathize with Damu , i can imagine what my son is gonna feel. I love my son , he's incarcerated , and i have been taking risks with damu ever since i bouth him for my son . EVERYONE looks at Damu , in amazement , because he's the best looking red-nose Pit Bull evva . But my SugarFoot must take precedence ...she's worth more than i ever paid for her. her nick name is now Calissi-"Mother of Dragons and Gators' ( game of Thrones ) because she is that beautiful and that powerful ....she doesn't like it much , unless i say it at the end of her SugarFoot name , i call her many things , StongBack , Shoogie Boogie , sista , girly , Queen , and shoogboogz ..but she responds to SugarFoot on command , and that is when she knows I'm serious about laying a law down ..and she can cop an attitude quicker than i can , not look at me for about 10-15 mins, esp. if she doesn't like the rule being set! She is the best girl in my life ...my son is my King ..i kid u not , there's nothing i wouldn't do for him ...except take his consequences for his own actions. I hope SugarFoot's heat stops soon , i want my Damu out of pain ...any feedback would be helpful ..i feel i did the wrong thing ..oh BTW , i plan to have her spayed immediately after this heat ...any suggestions ?? because the "no-animal-husband" thinks he's gonna breed her , then make money off her ...he's gonna get bred and sold before that happens , or if God helps , he'll just go after my son gets home ...seeing a true , strong family , that he has tore up 3 times at least . I know this might sound harsh , but i am a Real -Life -Woman , taught by my mother , to NEVER depend on a Man for TOO MUCH..she was so right ..the only man i trust is Jesus , MY youngest son , Damu and SugarFoot , when she grows to the age of learning how to protect...right now , I PROTECT HER !!!!
:confused::anyone::girlcry::awwwwman::angelheart:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I had Sheldon done also for the same reason the vet told me he would be healthier for the procedure so we did it and I felt so bad for him when we got home the sack does sort of go away Sheldon's did it took a while and he still has a small one but not very noticeable unless he is laying on his back. Did the vet give you any pain meds for him? You did the right thing with having a female in heat and a male dog just take a deep breath and know we are all here for you as back up as support as hope what ever you need we are all here for you. It sounds like you are in a really tough place right now both physically in emotionally and as mothers we are very protective of those we consider ours. Sounds like you need a tazer if you need protection from your husband and an order of protection.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You have done the right thing, having your son's dog castrated. Most men do not agree with that idea, it seems, because they take it too personally. But in the long run, it is right for the dog. But, it will take about a month for all his hormones to leave his body. He will still think he is a "stud", especially since your other doggie is in heat. You would not want to put them together at this time. When I had a large male castrated, his sack looked horrible-the vet I used - it looked like a real "hack job" and swelled up so much. But, as long as it was clean, it healed up beautifully and there wasn't even any scarring. No pain meds were given. Right now, if your female is in her second week of heat, she is at the most fertile time, and the "boy" will still be thinking of sex! He will probably howl more for her-than pain. He will still be the same dog, when he heals, but think less of females in heat, and more of his "job". If your son is not happy with it, let him pay for neuticles surgery! If he loves his dog-he will still love him, no matter what, as a parent should. SugarFoot will be in heat for at least 21 days. Wait a few more days, before you put them together, and give her a bath first, to get the scent off of her. Good luck!

OP
hmoon

hmoon

Sep 23, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sugar Foot a.k.a Chelsea Rogers
Hey my fave peeps !!! Sorry it's been so long since i was here ...but i've been so busy taking care of SugarFoot ...she's doing just fine ...i have a "saggy teats" minor issue ...but i'm in a hurry , as i'm going to take her to visit a friend's husband on dialysis...it's a surprise , his favorite breed is English Bulldog !! it's gonna be fun .....no matter what ....and i'm so grateful for all of your guy's help ...i'll post more pix , but i have updated her " heat Pix" just to catch u up on her " life isn't so bad when my Boogie is in heat ...i took her out to recovery clubhouse , and ohhhhh she's just a "RockStar" ...she loved it ..as i couldn't keep her in the house anymore ....i pray this comes to an end , and it's ok if she has " saggy teats"....she is awesome !!!! Just the way she is ....talk to y'all soon ...peace

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Her teets should perk back up, and glad it is finally over, how is your son's pitbull doing?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.