Real Name
    Leigh Anne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Infected tail pocket

Harley had the gas thing too..I tried neosporin everything, it only got worse. Also he wouldn't lay down to sleep or go out to do potty...really go to the vet and tell her all you know and tell her $$ is low. It took about three days for Harley to get any relief and a good 7-9 days before he got better...Hope all works out, let us know.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    Ok so I called the vet today to make Tubby an appointment but the only vet in today is the one I hate. She's a perfectly nice girl but she doesn't know her a$$ from a hole in the ground. Is this something I should try to manage on my own or just bite the bullet and see her. When I called I told her his tail pocket is infected and he needs some meds. She asked what I meant by tail pocket. I really hate going to her they charge $70 just for the exam and I feel I could do a better check then her. I was thinking to get some witch hazel, gold bond and a neosporin to start the process.

What do you guyys think? I told Tubby's dad and of course he was all for me playing vet as Tubby is our little money pit lol
    She asked you WHAT??? Not only would I not see her, I would have a discussion with the Head vet in the office. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. What exactly would she be charging you $70 for if she has no idea how to handle why you are there??? I think you have the experience and know how to help tubby at home, and there are plenty of people here that have dealt with this so you will have help. I would go in if it didn't resolve in a decent amount of time. I'm sure someone here can tell you the time frame in which this should resolve. Holy crap this pisses me off.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    She asked you WHAT??? Not only would I not see her, I would have a discussion with the Head vet in the office. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. What exactly would she be charging you $70 for if she has no idea how to handle why you are there??? I think you have the experience and know how to help tubby at home, and there are plenty of people here that have dealt with this so you will have help. I would go in if it didn't resolve in a decent amount of time. I'm sure someone here can tell you the time frame in which this should resolve. Holy crap this pisses me off.
    Luckily for her I was at work, I felt like yelling his A$$HOLE lol

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Luckily for her I was at work, I felt like yelling his A$$HOLE lol
    A word she should be familiar with . Seriously what a jerk.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@TubbysMom It's probably a yeast infection. Blue gets those now and again in his tail pocket.
    I just use Mal-a-Ket wipes or Duoxo pads, twice a day. Clean it out real good, make sure all the hair and brown gunk is gone.
    It usually takes about 3 days (if i'm cleaning it twice a day) until I no longer see the brown gunk. Then I know the yeast is gone and I can go back to maintenance.
    Last edited by nycbullymama; 10-04-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Poor Tub I hope he gets better fast. Happy you noticed it.

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    @TubbysMom It's probably a yeast infection. Blue gets those now and again in his tail pocket.
    I just use Mala-a-Ket wipes or Duoxo pads, twice a day. Clean it out real good, make sure all the hair and brown gunk is gone.
    It usually takes about 3 days (if i'm cleaning it twice a day) until I no longer see the brown gunk. Then I know the yeast is gone and I can go back to maintenance.

Ok perfect I will definitely go out and buy either or both of those. Can I find these at Petsmart or do I have to order them off the net?

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Ok perfect I will definitely go out and buy either or both of those. Can I find these at Petsmart or do I have to order them off the net?
    Not sure. The active ingredient that kills the yeast is Chlorhexidene. So you if you to Petsmart, look for products that contain at least 2% Chlorhexidene.
    There's also a product called Hibiclens (you can get it at any drugstore) that contains Chlorhexidene. I've never tried it but I know others here have. It works the same way.

Mal-a-ket (amazon takes you to an external link): http://www.amazon.com/Mal-A-Ket-Wipe...ywords=malaket
    Duoxo pads: http://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Chlorhex..._petsupplies_2

Both work on yeast, just a matter of preference.

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Not sure. The active ingredient that kills the yeast is Chlorhexidene. So you if you to Petsmart, look for products that contain at least 2% Chlorhexidene.
    There's also a product called Hibiclens (you can get it at any drugstore) that contains Chlorhexidene. I've never tried it but I know others here have. It works the same way.

Mal-a-ket (amazon takes you to an external link): http://www.amazon.com/Mal-A-Ket-Wipe...ywords=malaket
    Duoxo pads: http://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Chlorhex..._petsupplies_2

Both work on yeast, just a matter of preference.

THANK YOU!!!!! Should I be putting any kind of cream on it? Like a monastat or canisten type cream? lol

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

THANK YOU!!!!! Should I be putting any kind of cream on it? Like a monastat or canisten type cream? lol
    hmm.. I've never tried that. What some here do is use gold bond powder in the pocket to keep it dry. But I wouldn't put anything on it until after the infection clears up.
    like I said, use either product twice a day until you're no longer seeing the brownish gunk. Then use the wipes once or twice a week. You'll get a feel for how often you need to use it after awhile.

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

hmm.. I've never tried that. What some here do is use gold bond powder in the pocket to keep it dry. But I wouldn't put anything on it until after the infection clears up.
    like I said, use either product twice a day until you're no longer seeing the brownish gunk. Then use the wipes once or twice a week. You'll get a feel for how often you need to use it after awhile.

Perfect!! Thank you so much!! Blue has such a smart mommy

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just use Mal-a-Ket wipes or Duoxo pads, twice a day. Clean it out real good, make sure all the hair and brown gunk is gone.
    Excellent advice, other products that work are malecetic otic ultra or panalog. Even witch hazel or hydrogen peroxide will help keep it dried up until you can get something stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads