HELP...Forde's nose

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Under Forde's nose , right under his nostrils where it seems his jaws come around and meet there is a line ( i'm sure this a name for this , but I don't know it lol..so I will just call it the LINE under his nose) .....the last few days i notice that the line will pull apart some...not always but some times ......i really noticed it today when cleaning his nose rope etc.....but he also had a long bout with his football earlier, playing , biting it etc......i went to him and reached down and very easily pulled it apart....which reaveals a layer of thin red looking skin....... i'm wondering is this normal that the line is suppose to pull apart :( tried getting a pic on here....can't seem to do that.....it's like sometimes i can and sometimes i can't...will work on getting one on here

Last edited:
OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Under Forde's nose , right under his nostrils where it seems his jaws come around and meet there is a line ( i'm sure this a name for this , but I don't know it lol..so I will just call it the LINE under his nose) .....the last few days i notice that the line will pull apart some...not always but some times ......i really noticed it today when cleaning his nose rope etc.....but he also had a long bout with his football earlier, playing , biting it etc......i went to him and reached down and very easily pulled it apart....which reveals a layer of thin red looking skin....... i'm wondering is this normal that the line is suppose to pull apart :( tried getting a pic on here....can't seem to do that.....it's like sometimes i can and sometimes i can't...will work on getting one on here

anyone that can tell me how to get a pic on here.....feel free.....:) i have a pic on my computor but cant access it....

Last edited:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
LOL and I don't know the name of it either but I know exactly what you are talking about. Ruthie has a very pronounced line there too and it looks like it's going to split apart at any second. You can't see any red on hers but I do worry about it being split open.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
LOL and I don't know the name of it either but I know exactly what you are talking about. Ruthie has a very pronounced line there too and it looks like it's going to split apart at any second. You can't see any red on hers but I do worry about it being split open.
so it's not suppose to be this way??? yikes, now i'm worried....i found a photo i already had on here and you can see it somewhat in this pic.......
attachment.php

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You know Brutus has the same and some days its normal looking and some days looks just as you described! I don't think it is anything to worry about as long as its not inflamed or cut. I would just keep an eye on it for now!

The way I post pictures is next to submit reply there is a button that says go advanced. You then scroll down to manage attachments. In the upper right hand corner you see a box that says upload attachment click on that, then a box appears where you click browse attachments click that. You then find the picture and click on it to upload it. On the bottom the picture appears in the attachments box and you click insert inline. It will post a link in the message you are submitting!

- - - Updated - - -

There might be an easier way that I dont know LOL

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
so it's not suppose to be this way??? yikes, now i'm worried....i found a photo i already had on here and you can see it somewhat in this pic.......
attachment.php
I do see what your talking about. His is probably just red from playing. I know from first glance Ruthie's isn't red so when I get home I'm going to pull it apart and look.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
You know Brutus has the same and some days its normal looking and some days looks just as you described! I don't think it is anything to worry about as long as its not inflamed or cut. I would just keep an eye on it for now!

The way I post pictures is next to submit reply there is a button that says go advanced. You then scroll down to manage attachments. In the upper right hand corner you see a box that says upload attachment click on that, then a box appears where you click browse attachments click that. You then find the picture and click on it to upload it. On the bottom the picture appears in the attachments box and you click insert inline. It will post a link in the message you are submitting!

- - - Updated - - -

I do see what your talking about. His is probably just red from playing. I know from first glance Ruthie's isn't red so when I get home I'm going to pull it apart and look.

ok...just letting you TWO know that i love you both......i was just about on the verge of crying thinking that where the skin meets may have split apart.....JennieS, yes, please check and let me know how the layer underneath the line looks.........ChanelBrutus, also thanks so very much about the picture help....going to copy and save your post, you have made me smile and feel much better! :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
ok...just letting you TWO know that i love you both......i was just about on the verge of crying thinking that where the skin meets may have split apart.....JennieS, yes, please check and let me know how the layer underneath the line looks.........ChanelBrutus, also thanks so very much about the picture help....going to copy and save your post, you have made me smile and feel much better! :)

:hug: :hug: That's what we are all here for :hug:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Not a problem! Don't cry...Forde will be just fine, just a little tender skin is all! I'll let you know what I find on Ruthie.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just checked Ruthies nose. When I pulled it apart it was a little red, but it was very deep in the skin. I wouldn't worry about Fordes unless it was bleeding or he was in pain. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep nothing to worry about, they all have it. :)

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Just checked Ruthies nose. When I pulled it apart it was a little red, but it was very deep in the skin. I wouldn't worry about Fordes unless it was bleeding or he was in pain. :)

Yep nothing to worry about, they all have it. :)

thank you all very much....i was so sure he has split his lip somehow.....EBN is the bomb :)

- - - Updated - - -

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde

- - - Updated - - -

thank you so much for cluing me in on how to post pics......i tried it and it worked !!!! i have copied it so next time i will have it with me !

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.