A new problem

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Punkin hurt his leg by doing his chicken scratch kicks, which he does everytime he does his business. It took a couple of days for his walking to get back to normal. Maybe Mabel injured it this way? There's plenty of other ways they can hurt themselves, even if they're not active ... like humans!

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
It may be nothing, I would just keep an eye on it for a few days, some of mine have done this from time to time and they are fine.
Thanks, David. She is actually much better today, but we were starting to worry. I noticed today that she was lying with both legs behind her, which she hadn't done since the limping started. I think it may be a patellar problem. She pulled her leg away when I went over her knee. :unsure:
Aww poor Mabel... I have no advice, but maybe the supplements like @Chumley said!!! Sending prayers...
We are going to start her on supplements. She obviously has mobility problems and little flare ups like this might be avoided.
Does Mabel like peanut butter? I have to give Sally a Proin pill each morning (it's for bladder control) and she scoops it up. She wouldn't touch PB when we got her though.
She LOVES peanut butter. I give her low fat/low sodium. Personally I wouldn't touch the healthy stuff!
Punkin hurt his leg by doing his chicken scratch kicks, which he does everytime he does his business. It took a couple of days for his walking to get back to normal. Maybe Mabel injured it this way? There's plenty of other ways they can hurt themselves, even if they're not active ... like humans!
I so wish she did the "chicken scratch kicks," but she gets off the grass ASAP after pooping. I think she doesn't like the feel of it on her feet. Our bullmastiffs used to do those kicks and our yard looked like a mine field. Actually, it WAS a mind field. :poo:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I so wish she did the "chicken scratch kicks," but she gets off the grass ASAP after pooping. I think she doesn't like the feel of it on her feet. Our bullmastiffs used to do those kicks and our yard looked like a mine field. Actually, it WAS a mind field. :poo:
Wilson has a killer chicken scratch. He did one tonight that I think was his personal best. Grass and mud was flying and then he'd hop a few feet, get into a stance and stair off with Jack and start it all over again. I think I lost a section of sod. :laugh:

If she's pulling her leg away I would think she has some sort of pain there too. Sally has a section on her rear leg that she does not like stretched out, she yanks back pretty fast. Doesn't seem to be in pain so who knows what happened before we got her. Glad Mabel seems a bit better today.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.