ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We've always noticed that Mabel's rear legs are not necessarily symmetrical when she walks and chalked it up to life spent in a crate as a young dog. Yesterday she started favoring one of her rear legs when she gets up from a sitting position. After she walks a few feet she looks normal for her again. I figured it was because she was sitting on it "funny." Today she is still favoring that leg. I can't imagine that she injured it in any way. She isn't active enough to have that type of injury. I found doggie aspirin yesterday, which seems to have helped. Any ideas? She's going to the vet next week unless this gets any worse in which case it will be earlier.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
No help here. But where did you find the aspirin? And I do worry about the future with Daisy legs shes not symmetrical either :/ Hope things work out!!!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Sadly, I'm of no help here. I hope whatever is going on is minor and fixable! Brie sends hugs!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww, is she tested for hip dysplasia? Our Boeboe has it and she also favors one back leg at times, especially if she's been playing rough with her friends. She also walks stiff when cold so I try to keep her warm. Vet said Boeboe doesn't need surgery (at least not yet) so she's now on special food and joint supplements, she's going in for review in December. We only noticed this on her when she was 2 years old, that's when she started showing discomfort. I don't know... it can be a pulled muscle maybe? Hope she's feeling better:heart:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley used to limp when he first got up. it started when he was 8 months old. Ive been giving him Phycox chews for over a year and haven't seen the limp since. it got great reviews and people swore by it..i do too now!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awww Chris, you know I'll cover her in prayer immediately.

As I watch Cami do her chicken scratch dance after pooing, I've often
thought she could easily strain or pull something. She gets those lil
stubby legs up high and very vigorously too.

I think your plan is spot on, Hun...keep us informed...sending hugs!
:lubu:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww poor Mabel... I have no advice, but maybe the supplements like [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] said!!! Sending prayers...

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie has issues with her back leg and limps a little on it. We give her glucosamine/chondroitin chews from the vet and it really helped her out. She doesn't limp at all now, there is still a little stagger/dragging in her step though.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It may be nothing, I would just keep an eye on it for a few days, some of mine have done this from time to time and they are fine.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks guys. She is doing a little better tonight. [MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION], I found the doggie aspirin at a high-end pet food store yesterday. She hated them but a little cheese works wonders. It has to be given on a full stomach. I live for the worry-free days with this little girl. They don't happen often.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Chris, I sure hope it's nothing. Wilson does this occassionally to. He'll get up from laying down and it's like this back legs are a bit asleep. While probably not the same thing as Mabel has going on, he always seems to walk it off. There's been times when he'll limp for a couple days at a time, nothing major but noticable. He's pulled his groin a few times too.

Does Mabel like peanut butter? I have to give Sally a Proin pill each morning (it's for bladder control) and she scoops it up. She wouldn't touch PB when we got her though.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Chris, like very one mentioned it maybe nothing, or could be arthritis setting into the joints. I'd also check her nails, see if maybe she broke one. I will say I had a cocker spaniel, who was so overbred, she had bone deterioration very bad, and jumped off of my bed onto the floor, and broke a hip. I knew as soon as she landed it was serious, so it could be anything or nothing. I'd suggest checking her nails, and then wonder if it may arthritis. If it continues, and nothing makes sense, I'd definitely get her checked out by her vet. Definitely not trying to alarm you, but i've been at both sides of the spectrum. Just some ideas.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys. She is doing a little better tonight. @Sheena, I found the doggie aspirin at a high-end pet food store yesterday. She hated them but a little cheese works wonders. It has to be given on a full stomach. I live for the worry-free days with this little girl. They don't happen often.

If the cheese even fails.... fat-free vanilla ice cream is always a winner

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon's does that too he has a muscle cramp so when he gets up and limps I go over and massage it and he is all better

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.