Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)

Default Rant/questions/very upset

We just got back from vacation and picked Rumble up from where he was boarded. It is a daycare also. Since I knew he would be around other dogs I expected maybe a couple scratches. However he appears to have a couple deep sores around his neck. Also his wrinkles are green in the folds by his face. We tried to clean everything up but I am not sure if he should go to the vet for a check over to make sure he will be okay. He is my baby and this is the first time we left him when he couldn't stay with our friends. I want to call and demand an explanation but I know I signed something releasing liability. Is it too much to ask what happened? He should not come home like this should he? I feel like an absolute horrible momma and am on the verge of tears.... Would you call the place? Should he go to the vet?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rant/questions/very upset

I would personally do both. I hate boarding anywhere, our babies are special and are rarely treated so.

You may require follow up vet care all because of this and it should have been addressed to you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I would definitely call them to see what they say about the deep scratches... The green fold issue just sounds like they weren't cleaning them. I don't know about a vet's visit unless you think he has an infection. I'm sorry... It's a shame you can't leave your dog to go on a vaca ; (

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Absolutely call and ask for an explanation. I would also look for a different boarding place.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

I would go to the vet to make sure everything is OK. I would also call the daycare and see wth happened I don't think that is too much to ask and also see why he wasn't cared for. If nothing else it may help the next bully that comes through. Hope your baby is getting better soon. Don't feel bad you had no idea otherwise he never would have went there
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I would certainly call them for an explanation, you trusted them to take good care of your baby not to neglect him. Hope all is better real soon and you are not to blame it's not your fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would definitely take him to the vet for a check over and I'm not sure about the green folds....Take a deep breath Momma it's ok and I'm sure your baby is ecstatic your home and I would be on the phone demanding to know what happened they may not be liable for the vet bill but they darn sure are for an explanation.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

I will call and demand an explanation! This people are being paid and trusted to take care of our babies and are expected to do so. I am so sorry and hope your baby is doing better.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

I would definitely call for an explanation. I agree that a couple cuts here and there would've been expected. Tubby looks like he's gone to battle after he plays with his friends but deep cuts by his neck and green folds is totally unacceptable!!! And you are not a bad mom. You had no way knowing what would happen. You're a great bully mama an Rumble is a very lucky boy to have you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Just cause u signed something doesn't mean u can't complain. Call them and tell them how much u regret leaving him there.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I agree, I would at least ask them for an explanation of why he has scratches, and let them know, at least the manager that you weren't happy with the care he received, and you won't be using them in future again. At least if you let management know, they can learn that you weren't happy, and why. After all they make their money on boarding your pets, and by word of mouth, so if you aren't happy, you won't be returning, and you certainly won't be recommending them to anyone. I would bath him, and clean his nose ropes, first, and see if it clears up, and if after a day or two, you don't see an improvement then I would take him to the vet. It sounds more like they didn't supervise the dogs when they got together, so maybe the scratches came from too rough playing, and it doesn't seem like they keep a very clean facility, if he had green in his nose ropes. Don't feel bad, or blame yourself, we can only trust that the facility that we leave our bullies are clean and safe, and we do our best to make sure they are cared for, but we can't know for sure until we try the place, and then when it isn't a good place, then we learn from that and we don't use them again. Don't be so hard on yourself, this is not your fault, and isn't something we can predict. He will be fine. And we all deserve a vacation, so I hope you try again, and the next place will be better. Hugs, and love.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Tabatha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Guinevere, Little Be
    Likes (Received)

Poor Rumble. I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope he's back to 100% quickly. I would definitely call the boarding facility, I don't think a release of liability means they don't have to provide proper care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads