Rant/questions/very upset

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
We just got back from vacation and picked Rumble up from where he was boarded. It is a daycare also. Since I knew he would be around other dogs I expected maybe a couple scratches. However he appears to have a couple deep sores around his neck. Also his wrinkles are green in the folds by his face. We tried to clean everything up but I am not sure if he should go to the vet for a check over to make sure he will be okay. He is my baby and this is the first time we left him when he couldn't stay with our friends. I want to call and demand an explanation but I know I signed something releasing liability. Is it too much to ask what happened? He should not come home like this should he? I feel like an absolute horrible momma and am on the verge of tears....:( Would you call the place? Should he go to the vet?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would personally do both. I hate boarding anywhere, our babies are special and are rarely treated so.

You may require follow up vet care all because of this and it should have been addressed to you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would definitely call them to see what they say about the deep scratches... The green fold issue just sounds like they weren't cleaning them. I don't know about a vet's visit unless you think he has an infection. I'm sorry... It's a shame you can't leave your dog to go on a vaca ; (

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Absolutely call and ask for an explanation. I would also look for a different boarding place.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I would go to the vet to make sure everything is OK. I would also call the daycare and see wth happened I don't think that is too much to ask and also see why he wasn't cared for. If nothing else it may help the next bully that comes through. Hope your baby is getting better soon. Don't feel bad you had no idea otherwise he never would have went there

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I would certainly call them for an explanation, you trusted them to take good care of your baby not to neglect him. Hope all is better real soon and you are not to blame it's not your fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I would definitely take him to the vet for a check over and I'm not sure about the green folds....Take a deep breath Momma it's ok and I'm sure your baby is ecstatic your home and I would be on the phone demanding to know what happened they may not be liable for the vet bill but they darn sure are for an explanation.

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I will call and demand an explanation! This people are being paid and trusted to take care of our babies and are expected to do so. I am so sorry and hope your baby is doing better.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I would definitely call for an explanation. I agree that a couple cuts here and there would've been expected. Tubby looks like he's gone to battle after he plays with his friends but deep cuts by his neck and green folds is totally unacceptable!!! And you are not a bad mom. You had no way knowing what would happen. You're a great bully mama an Rumble is a very lucky boy to have you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree, I would at least ask them for an explanation of why he has scratches, and let them know, at least the manager that you weren't happy with the care he received, and you won't be using them in future again. At least if you let management know, they can learn that you weren't happy, and why. After all they make their money on boarding your pets, and by word of mouth, so if you aren't happy, you won't be returning, and you certainly won't be recommending them to anyone. I would bath him, and clean his nose ropes, first, and see if it clears up, and if after a day or two, you don't see an improvement then I would take him to the vet. It sounds more like they didn't supervise the dogs when they got together, so maybe the scratches came from too rough playing, and it doesn't seem like they keep a very clean facility, if he had green in his nose ropes. Don't feel bad, or blame yourself, we can only trust that the facility that we leave our bullies are clean and safe, and we do our best to make sure they are cared for, but we can't know for sure until we try the place, and then when it isn't a good place, then we learn from that and we don't use them again. Don't be so hard on yourself, this is not your fault, and isn't something we can predict. He will be fine. And we all deserve a vacation, so I hope you try again, and the next place will be better. Hugs, and love.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Poor Rumble. I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope he's back to 100% quickly. I would definitely call the boarding facility, I don't think a release of liability means they don't have to provide proper care.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I would call and voice your concerns. Sometimes Stig would come home with scratches, since he's the wacko hyper play with big dogs one :rolleyes:, but the owner or employees would let us know. Keeping mum about it tells you that they either haven't checked him, which they should have everyday, Or they don't feel guilty.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would definitely call them and ask what happened and why they didn't look after him like they should of. The next facility, yes I would look for another, I would have my own concent form for them to fill, stating what needs to be done and how my bully should be cared for! You pay for it for f***k sake!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I would also ask them what happened... doesn't matter what you signed, you paid them to look after your bully and if they fail to do so they should at least get informed about it and possibly have an explanation why this happened. Maybe they just don't know how to take care of a bulldog, and if so they should learn.

Hope he feels better soon:heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.