HELP...Don't know if Wilson is losing his vision????

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Please keep us posted on how Wilson is doing!

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
So sorry Wilson is going through all this. Keep us posted. Thoughts and prayers from Missouri.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all for your words of wisdom and well wishes. Wilson was seen by the Opthalmologist and was diagnosed with ectopic cilia in one eye and distichia in both so he's in surgery now. They say he will look bad and will be in a lot of pain, but should feel much better soon. The poor baby must've been so uncomfortable!! :(

Huga and prayers for a quick recovery.... hope you are holding up OK too

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor Wilson. I hope he's feeling better soon. Good for you for trusting your instincts! Give Wilson hugs and bullie kisses from me and Dudley!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Thank you all for your words of wisdom and well wishes. Wilson was seen by the Opthalmologist and was diagnosed with ectopic cilia in one eye and distichia in both so he's in surgery now. They say he will look bad and will be in a lot of pain, but should feel much better soon. The poor baby must've been so uncomfortable!! :(

When Bo was dealing with this his bad eye stopped reflecting light in photos (you know the green demon eyes when the flash is on). The vet said that's normal bc of the loss of something in their eye. But since we have the entropion surgery his bad is reflecting light again.
5erupevu.jpg
see the two green demon eyes?
nu8uha3a.jpg
and here with only the one demon eye.
Vet says its good we are getting two green eyes in pics:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh my gosh, I'm just catching up here. So sorry to see that Wilson had to go through surgery. What is "ectopic cilia and distichia"? Poor baby. :hug:

OP
Wilsons Mom

Wilsons Mom

Jan 18, 2013
Boston, MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]...From what I understand, Ectopic Cilia is when an eyelash grows through the inside of the eyelid and rubs on the cornea and frequently causes an ulcer. Distichia is when an eyelash shows up in an abnormal location and grows in an abnormal direction rubbing on the cornea.

He's home recovering now. He's on a number of meds so he's a little out of it, but hopefully on the road to recovery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@JeannieCO...From what I understand, Ectopic Cilia is when an eyelash grows through the inside of the eyelid and rubs on the cornea and frequently causes an ulcer. Distichia is when an eyelash shows up in an abnormal location and grows in an abnormal direction rubbing on the cornea.

He's home recovering now. He's on a number of meds so he's a little out of it, but hopefully on the road to recovery.

How are Mom and baby toay?

OP
Wilsons Mom

Wilsons Mom

Jan 18, 2013
Boston, MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]...thanks for asking. His eyes are swollen and he's in pain, but hopefully he'll be feeling much better in a few days. I'm doing better now that I know what was causing his pain. I felt so bad for him...I was doing everything the vet said but he wasn't getting any better. He would just look at me with those sad, swollen eyes with a "help me" look. It broke my heart!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.