Help Needed! Punkin just had a seizure :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Jamie.... how is your Punkin today?

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I am so sad to read this. I would call the vet and let them know that you believe that he may have had a seizure. Our vet advised that there isn't much that they can do at first unless it is 3 in a week or 4 in a month unless it is constant like Loki's big one was. Loki is not able to settle down right away after a seizure if it was bad enough. I hope it was just once and you don't have to deal with that ever again!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I can attest to the fact that swiffer wet jet kills dogs. It killed my first yellow lab. I only use white vinegar and murphys oil to clean the floors now.
After reading a lot of the stories on here I always worried about what I used on the floor to clean it so we got a steamer mop and I don't have to worry about the chemicals that could hurt my baby. [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] I hope this was a one time only episode so scary!! I think you and the bf handled it well though! I have no experience with seizures I'm sorry all I can do is send positive thoughts and prayers a muzzies for Punkin and a hug for you!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
No help just want to send lots of love to you and Punk. Let me know if I can do anything or help in any way! I'm a 416 so I'm close to you guys [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hey Jamie.... how is your Punkin today?

Oh he's acting like nothing happened and sleeping the day away like he always does. The bf decided to take a vac day to watch him.

Thanks again everyone for sending positive thoughts. Hopefully it is just an isolated incident. My bf and I are going to be extra vigilant in cleaning where he eats. We finally got the steam mop back from my sis, and we're planning to use that everyday again. Punks loves eating any crumbs off the floor too, so we'll also try to sweep even more often. He's a little vacuum cleaner, that one.

And no more swiffer wet mop!

We're going to see the vet on the weekend as I've read that seizures may mean that his blood levels are off. We had one done a couple of months ago, but we'll do another one in case something did change.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh he's acting like nothing happened and sleeping the day away like he always does. The bf decided to take a vac day to watch him.

Thanks again everyone for sending positive thoughts. Hopefully it is just an isolated incident. My bf and I are going to be extra vigilant in cleaning where he eats. We finally got the steam mop back from my sis, and we're planning to use that everyday again. Punks loves eating any crumbs off the floor too, so we'll also try to sweep even more often. He's a little vacuum cleaner, that one.

And no more swiffer wet mop!

We're going to see the vet on the weekend as I've read that seizures may mean that his blood levels are off. We had one done a couple of months ago, but we'll do another one in case something did change.

I'm so sorry that happened, I'm praying it was a one time thing.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
More than likely, anything put on grass that is near pet and/or children will be non-toxic. On the other hand...there is debate out there about cleaners such as the swiffer wet jet. One of the ingredients in it is propylene glycol. Two of the most common ingredients in antifreeze are propylene glycol and Ethylene glycol. Ethylene is far more lethal than propylene....but you get my point.

The swiffer wet jet also made my parent's golden retriever very sick. He used to throw up and be lethargic after my mom would swiffer the kitchen, and it took awhile before they made the connection that he always got sick after cleaning the kitchen. She only uses regular gentle soap and water now instead of the swiffer cleaner and he's been fine ever since.

I hope your poor Punkin feels better :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I'm late reading this... I have no experience w/seizures personally, just wanted to offer my prayers & support!!! :hug:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm glad he is feeling better. I will pray this is a one time occurrance.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So sorry you all had to go through this scary thing, I do hope it is just a one off.

I did not know that those floor cleaners could harm them either but I am glad I only use a steam mop and white vinegar.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Just reading this, YIKES~!!! That had to have been very scary!! Im glad he is acting back to normal again. Finger's crossed this was just a freak incident.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.