I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Punkin just had a seizure :(

Poor Baby. Ruthie has epilepsy and it started just as random seizures. The vet always knew about them but she had a real bad one and I had to rush her to the vet. I hope Punkin is ok and this was just a one time thing! Keep us posted.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Oh Jayme how scary that must have been for you all! I am so sorry you had to go through this!! Hoping Punkin is okay and nothing going forward! Hugs and kisses to you both!!

Wow I use the swifter wet pads I'm thinking I need to stop using them! I never knew that the ingredients were bad for the pups
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Just saw this post and I hope your baby does not have another seizure. I had more experience than I want with seizures. Had a German Shep, who had Grand Mal seizures. Had a Belgian Mal, who had occasional seizures. I know it scares the heck out of you, and you worry all the time, when you are not home, that it will happen when you are not around. It is so hard to determine causes, and other than a physical, which may show nothing , but good health-unless a brain scan-if seizures start happening more often, then getting medication will be in order. One of my dogs started(Mal) having seizures after being knocked out by the other large dog, while playing, they ran into each other.
    After that he occasionally had a seizure (due to a concussion) but not often enough to medicate-but it still is scary when it happens. The german Shep-her seizures progressively grew worse. Meds. worked for awhile, then always had to be increased.
    Many years ago I had a Siberian Husky who had a seizure from a toad--foaming, seizing, etc. but thankfully that was a one-time occurence. Seizure are VERY scary, and like in humans, they can't always even find the cause. I am hoping for you and your baby that THIS was a one-time thing. If not-perhaps your doctor will prescribe pheno-barb, or another meds. I wish you good luck and many prayers for you and your bullie
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hey Jamie.... how is your Punkin today?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

I am so sad to read this. I would call the vet and let them know that you believe that he may have had a seizure. Our vet advised that there isn't much that they can do at first unless it is 3 in a week or 4 in a month unless it is constant like Loki's big one was. Loki is not able to settle down right away after a seizure if it was bad enough. I hope it was just once and you don't have to deal with that ever again!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I can attest to the fact that swiffer wet jet kills dogs. It killed my first yellow lab. I only use white vinegar and murphys oil to clean the floors now.
    After reading a lot of the stories on here I always worried about what I used on the floor to clean it so we got a steamer mop and I don't have to worry about the chemicals that could hurt my baby. @savemejeebus I hope this was a one time only episode so scary!! I think you and the bf handled it well though! I have no experience with seizures I'm sorry all I can do is send positive thoughts and prayers a muzzies for Punkin and a hug for you!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

No help just want to send lots of love to you and Punk. Let me know if I can do anything or help in any way! I'm a 416 so I'm close to you guys @savemejeebus

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Hey Jamie.... how is your Punkin today?
    Oh he's acting like nothing happened and sleeping the day away like he always does. The bf decided to take a vac day to watch him.

Thanks again everyone for sending positive thoughts. Hopefully it is just an isolated incident. My bf and I are going to be extra vigilant in cleaning where he eats. We finally got the steam mop back from my sis, and we're planning to use that everyday again. Punks loves eating any crumbs off the floor too, so we'll also try to sweep even more often. He's a little vacuum cleaner, that one.

And no more swiffer wet mop!

We're going to see the vet on the weekend as I've read that seizures may mean that his blood levels are off. We had one done a couple of months ago, but we'll do another one in case something did change.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Oh he's acting like nothing happened and sleeping the day away like he always does. The bf decided to take a vac day to watch him.

Thanks again everyone for sending positive thoughts. Hopefully it is just an isolated incident. My bf and I are going to be extra vigilant in cleaning where he eats. We finally got the steam mop back from my sis, and we're planning to use that everyday again. Punks loves eating any crumbs off the floor too, so we'll also try to sweep even more often. He's a little vacuum cleaner, that one.

And no more swiffer wet mop!

We're going to see the vet on the weekend as I've read that seizures may mean that his blood levels are off. We had one done a couple of months ago, but we'll do another one in case something did change.
    I'm so sorry that happened, I'm praying it was a one time thing.

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    More than likely, anything put on grass that is near pet and/or children will be non-toxic. On the other hand...there is debate out there about cleaners such as the swiffer wet jet. One of the ingredients in it is propylene glycol. Two of the most common ingredients in antifreeze are propylene glycol and Ethylene glycol. Ethylene is far more lethal than propylene....but you get my point.
    The swiffer wet jet also made my parent's golden retriever very sick. He used to throw up and be lethargic after my mom would swiffer the kitchen, and it took awhile before they made the connection that he always got sick after cleaning the kitchen. She only uses regular gentle soap and water now instead of the swiffer cleaner and he's been fine ever since.

I hope your poor Punkin feels better

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Glad to read that he is doing better!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry I'm late reading this... I have no experience w/seizures personally, just wanted to offer my prayers & support!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads