Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hives on Dozer?

Hi, just wanted to update you on Dozer and his hives. I took away all his extras for a couple of weeks like yogurt, fruit, veggies, and treats. I fed him only his kibble, to see if it was his food causing the hives, he had hives for almost 3 days. He was fine on his food, so after a week, I reintroduced his yogurt in the morning, and no symptoms, so I reintroduced the strawberries to see if he would get the hives back, but he didn't, and he did fine with his half banana as well. So his hives were definitely not caused by his kibble, his treats, or his extra add ons that we usually give him. I'm relieved that he has no food allergies. The only other thing that we did at the time the hives came out, was we were down by the river and trail behind our house, and he was running in the grass. He could have just been sensitive or allergic to something in the grass, but I'm doubtful, as they go down there quite often, so I'm thinking that he must have gotten bit by something like a wasp. I didn't see any sign of a insect bite, but with all the bumps and hives, I could have missed it. There is no other reason for him getting the hives, and they haven't come back since, so he must have been bitten by something. It's just a guess, and I may never know what caused the hives, but at least they're gone.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hives on Dozer?

At least you know it wasn't the treats or food, you did excellent by trying to narrow it down. Good job mamma! So glad he's all better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads