Need quick advice - my dog ingested wasp poison

OP
PudgyMommy

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
Hi everyone... just thought I'd update.. It has now been over 24 hours and Cato is just fine! Whoopee!!.. Logic told me he was in no real danger, but "mommy worry" kept whipping logic's a@@... thanks for the reassurance and advice.. I'm gonna go shine the laser pointer for the dogs now.. we need some comic releif.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
OMG....what a freaking scare! Glad Cato is good. Thanks for the update!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm not sure about this since I haven't discussed it with our vet but I've been giving our dogs activated charcoal when they've eaten something poisonous... it works as an adsorbent for many toxins. This week I gave it to our Jack russel mix who had eaten something... only he will know what... it could have been a spider or something... I have no clue:ashamed:. We took him to the vet and he got a shot and some powder for his water but I didn't see any real improvement until I gave him the activated charcoal. I don't know exactly how it works but I always kept it back in Sweden for my dog in case a snake would bite him and I got it now for my Jack Russel. Figured it's good to have if there is an incident of some kind...

Glad to hear Cato is doing good:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone... just thought I'd update.. It has now been over 24 hours and Cato is just fine! Whoopee!!.. Logic told me he was in no real danger, but "mommy worry" kept whipping logic's a@@... thanks for the reassurance and advice.. I'm gonna go shine the laser pointer for the dogs now.. we need some comic releif.

:whew:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

So good to hear! I'm so glad your baby is going to be okay!!

Boy the hotline has gone way up, I was unhappy about $40 when I called couple of years ago. But it would have been more probably to bring her to the vet, she chewed up a bottle of white out.

I'm glad the human poison control hotline doesn't charge anything!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.