Bo's face is swollen again.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I know I should be thankful that Bo has been healthy and not had many problems but man when he does, it feels like the biggest Set back. Brad gave Bo a bath yesterday, dried him off he was fine. He left for work, I came home, took jim out to potty, came back in, face started to swell?
He's had two does of Benadryl, 8 hrs apart. Started to look like it was maybe getting better, not so sure now.
y3azehet.jpg
e2epepeq.jpg

Thoughts? Guess we are going to the vet? Been up since 3am est.... It's 630am.... Could actually cry. Getting ready for work😩😩😩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Ohh poor baby ;-( i would make an appointment to the vet it looks kind of bad for me xx im praying he gets better soon xxx

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh poor baby. I think a vet trip is called for...especially if you have given him Benedryl. Dudley's face swelled like that once -- he was allergic to a vaccine he had received. He was covered with hives, but his throat was swelling too. Such a beautiful face too. Sending hugs and good thoughts!

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Sorry you and Bo are having to go through this. Thoughts and prayers from Missouri.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Did Bo get bit by an insect or do you have any ideas why his face got swollen? I'm sorry for your little guy! Try not to worry (I know it's hard tho)! The benadryl ought to help but if not, then a trip to the vet's office would be best. :hug::hug:

keep us posted!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Aww poor Bo, looks like he must have gotten bit by something. I don't know about where you live, but here in Canada, the wasps are out in full force. It seems everywhere I go, I find wasps, and they seem to be more aggressive at this time of the year. Could he have gotten bit by a wasp, or some other insect? I agree with others, if Benadryl isn't working, I would take him to the vet, maybe he needs something stronger, like a vaccine of prednisone, or an anti inflammatory.
I hope Bo feels better soon, and it's nothing too serious. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way for little Bo. Feel better Buddy. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Did Bo get bit by an insect or do you have any ideas why his face got swollen? I'm sorry for your little guy! Try not to worry (I know it's hard tho)! The benadryl ought to help but if not, then a trip to the vet's office would be best. :hug::hug:

keep us posted!
I agree w/Henny... Bo's face looks like when one of my bullies got stung by wasps. I ended up taking them in to the vets to get steroid shots... I would say a vet visit is necessary, his throat might start swelling as well. Keep us posted, and hang in there!!! :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh poor boy, guess he needs a shot from the vet. Hope he gets better soon.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Liz, I'm thinking insect bite too...wasp, ants, spiders?

Praying now over handsome Bo...sending you a big hug.

It'll be okay, it just hurts to see them like this...and such
worry for them. Benedryl should help him, let us know.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This happen to Banks twice and we never found out what casued it.... she was so bad her eyes were shut and she could barely breathe. You may need to get to the vet for a shot of Benedryl and then treat with the pills until he is better.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Any news on how is he doing? Xxxx

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Any news on how is he doing? Xxxx

Sorry to keep everyone waiting. His face hadn't gone down completely in the morning after we had done two doses of Benadryl so I took off work and we went to the vet. She prescribed some prednisone. He got 1 tab Friday day then another Saturday and he is 100% better!! She wrote for a few more doses in case it happens again in the future!
Once some of the swelling went down I was able to see a small area that was hard and swollen so I'm thinking he got stung by something.
We all survived... Even me!
ygy8y2a5.jpg
here he is looking all handsome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.