Interdigital Furuncles/Cyst Treatment

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What an awesome article.... thanks for all the great info Jeannie!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Jim, here you go.
@Chumley
Thanks Jeannie im going to read the link now...here is a pic from this morning after the epsom bath and hibiclens .. cyst.jpg

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Trim that area around it too as soon as you can with hair clippers, like what you use to shave. I have a real small pair just for the dogs.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, here's what I have, lol. I got them at Murdocks last year. Very handy to have around and you can trim whiskers too wit them, lol.

image.jpg

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Oh, here's what I have, lol. I got them at Murdocks last year. Very handy to have around and you can trim whiskers too wit them, lol.

View attachment 56659
i will trim them..I gave him three Epsom baths today..if it doesn't look better by Monday ill make a vet appt. A friend said his bully had one and the vet gave him some blue colored medication( didn't remember the name) which cleared it up in no time..

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
i will trim them..I gave him three Epsom baths today..if it doesn't look better by Monday ill make a vet appt. A friend said his bully had one and the vet gave him some blue colored medication( didn't remember the name) which cleared it up in no time..

Let me know what that med is if you do try it and your results and I'll update the article.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Let me know what that med is if you do try it and your results and I'll update the article.
ok I will..this morning the area was dry and looked like its healing but once hes in the tub for ten minutes and I put the hibiclens and malacetic ultra on it opens up and bleeds again. I almost feel I should leave it heal when its dried up..Also, I don't have the prescription youre using.that might be the thing that helps the most. Ill let you know if I go to the vet. Thanks Jeannie

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel gets them frequently. I think it's not entirely bad when it opens up and drains. In fact, our vet said to express the fluid from them if possible. Mabel had a particularly bad one two weeks ago. I cleaned it with Mal-a-ket wipes. It opened up and drained twice, after which I treated it with Neosporin. It has almost disappeared. I hate them. They look so painful!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ok I will..this morning the area was dry and looked like its healing but once hes in the tub for ten minutes and I put the hibiclens and malacetic ultra on it opens up and bleeds again. I almost feel I should leave it heal when its dried up..Also, I don't have the prescription youre using.that might be the thing that helps the most. Ill let you know if I go to the vet. Thanks Jeannie

That's normal and exactly what Sally's did. When it did that I gently squeezed it and some puss came out. These take a bit of time to heal. Keep doing what you're doing. I do believe the prescription that I had as it was for lesions - it sure didn't hurt. It'll be a bit before it stays closed. He'll be just fine. Time is what's needed right now.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That's normal and exactly what Sally's did. When it did that I gently squeezed it and some puss came out. These take a bit of time to heal. Keep doing what you're doing. I do believe the prescription that I had as it was for lesions - it sure didn't hurt. It'll be a bit before it stays closed. He'll be just fine. Time is what's needed right now.
I tried just soaking his foot in a pot of water because hes not a fan of the tub but he wasnt having any of that! Is 2 cups of Epsom good for a few inches of water in the tub?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I tried just soaking his foot in a pot of water because hes not a fan of the tub but he wasnt having any of that! Is 2 cups of Epsom good for a few inches of water in the tub?

That may be a bit much but will do no harm. I used about a cup in a medium sized baking bowl and filled that about 2/3 full.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.