SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Hi,

Another noob question! Shedding. I'm in the process of switching his food and no change. Went from Proform to Fromm duck. Should I start over and try another flavour? Another brand? Raw maybe?

If the answer is raw, what's the rule of thumb? How much and how often?

If it matters, I add ACV, Salmon Oil, and Yogurt to his meals. He's 6 months old & weighs 42 lbs.

Thanks...

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Bulldogs shed LOL....food definitely has a correlation to shedding. For us it has been a trial and error kinda thing. He did the best with Whole Earth Farms its by Merrick and the Salmon oil.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Bulldogs shed a lot especially when seasons change. So that combined with the switch could be the ticket. Our vet told us that it take a good 4 weeks to truly know if it food changes or seasonal shedding before we should know.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Wait till he will be 1 then the shedding starts more
Shy is 98% white and up until year she wasn't bad shedder not as bad as it is now
But i brush them daily eater with a kong type brush (i use a rubber one for horse for years before dog type was "invented" and furminator -it helps a lot ,in fact i don't notice much hair now and my hone is mostly dark so the hair would show up
They are on good food too

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give the new food at least a month to see any results... also, some just shed a lot, some don't

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.