Advice needed

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I'm a little worried about dexter..he's vomited today twice this afternoon just after his dinner and then again this evening the first time he'd had his normal puppy food, we then gave him scrambled egg and he kept this down ok we've then have him chicken and rice and he's brought his straight back up he's also sounding stuffy...is this common or do you think a trip the the vets is needed tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would probably at least call the vet. If it is upper respiratory related, It can turn into pneumonia fast. Is he drinking water ok? Have you noticed anything chewed or missing? If not see what the vet says. You can give a little lemon juice in the side of his mouth if his breathing sounds labored. this can help break up phlem.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with Rosalie, check for any missing or chewed items that he might have gotten into. Signs of an obstruction are vomiting, diarrhea, drooling from the mouth, and lethargic behaviour. Just keep an eye on him. Anytime Dozer has swallowed socks, or a dishcloth, he has had these symptoms, and he later either vomited it up, or passed it out in his stool. It can sometimes take up to a week or more. If he doesn't improve then a visit to,the vet might be a good idea, just to get him checked. Hope it's nothing serious, and Dexter is okay. Sending love, hugs and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could be from allergies and it's making his tummy upset. Try the scrambled eggs again and I hope at least he is drinking water. If he is not better by tomorrow, I would take him to the vet. If he is a little stuffy, try giving him a Benedryl, and I hope he keeps that down. Please keep us posted.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Give him a kiss on his kissy spot from me & Cami...such a cute face!

Praying it is nothing, keep us posted.

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
He's just had some more scrambled egg...going to monitor him tomorrow with scrambled egg meals again (poor baby!) he's drinking fine and other than being sick he's his normal cheeky self...currently playing with one of his toys fingers crossed its a bug but plenty of mammy hugs in the mean time will keep you all updated x

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
ujatydu6.jpg
playing quite well now!! Unaware of the worry he's put me through

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
ujatydu6.jpg

They are always completely unaware that we are freaking out. I'm sure I am developing an ulcer with Brutus' name on it!! lol, I'm glad he is eating the eggs and playing. Let us know how he is tomorrow.

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
It's good that they are unaware means out worry isn't transferred to them lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ujatydu6.jpg

He is so darn cute.... great advice was given --- please keep us posted

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
What kind of kibble is he on? If he is ok with the egg could have just been a little bug that he caught, my first thought when you said that the chicken and rice came up was maybe he is allergic to chicken. Or it could be from phlegm build up too. Lemon juice has been a life saver when Loki sounds snotty. Hope he continues to feel better :)

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Update....he is eating really well in scrambled egg and dry bread but now he's decided not to drink so I've tricked him into drinking by mixing water into it when it cooled...he's still very loose when going to the toilet on the plus point no vomiting! 1 small step forward!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update....he is eating really well in scrambled egg and dry bread but now he's decided not to drink so I've tricked him into drinking by mixing water into it when it cooled...he's still very loose when going to the toilet on the plus point no vomiting! 1 small step forward!!

good to hear.... keep us posted

OP
Kandi81

Kandi81

Sep 23, 2013
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
So had dexter to the vets he's got a course of antibiotics to take for a week he's sleeping now and hopefully that will pull him round

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.