Help Needed! Sleep Deprived

magnolia

Sep 11, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
magnolia "maggie"
Magnolia is my 9yr bullie and for the past month has been waking up around 3am and she pants, licks, rubs her nub on the wall and snorts. She does this non stop for at least 3 hours. I am so sleep deprived and my boyfriend works a late shift so I take her in the other room to try and sleep but it is a broken sleep. She is back on her diet dog food, on benedryl, phenobarbitol, and melatonin and nothing is helping. If I crate her she barks non stop. Also, in the evenings when she has eaten and the kitchen is cleaned up she barks at the counters...Very strange behavior. I am at my wits end and the vet wants around 300 bucks for blood work that was done last year and I was told she is good for a 9yr old bullie.
thanks
very sleepy in atlanta :pray::ashamed:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does she have a tail pocket? sounds like she has an ich that she can not get too

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Excellent question about tail pocket
Maybe shes a bit to hot too? Lily usually cant settle down when shes warm
Could be a allergy too if shes itching (what are you feeding her if i may ask)
If you cant get to the bottom of why your baby is doing it i would see a vet -she is 9 at the end of the day Loads can change in a year -and i would pay any money if im not sure what is wrong . My vet before does blood work after a first initial check up ,nasal passages etc ,but sadly and pricey blood work is great to detect any abnormalities
It took my Boxer a week to fall ill and pass away (she had a cancer that no one knew about)
I hope you can get to the bottom of it xxx

Last edited:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I agree check the tail, face wrinkles and ears. Loki is on Pheno too to help with the vision issues and his shyness we give him rescue remedy it does wonders for him as far as settling him down. Loki has been having a problem with shadows or shines since being on the pheno we have to show him what is causing what he is seeing. So maybe lifting her up to see the counters or make sure that there isn't a shadow that is being cast on the walls in the morning hours that she is seeing and trying to catch. That is really all I can recommend.

OP
magnolia

magnolia

Sep 11, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
magnolia "maggie"
She has a knubb..not sure what a pocket tail is. She is on benedryll becuase of outside allergies. She is doing better with that and her hair is good and no more staph. It is just strange that she won't settle down. I am recently divorced and on a very tight budget. I have spent over 500 dollars on her vet bills in 6 months. It just started happening about 4- 6 weeks ago and seems to be getting worse. She is on venison and sweet potato food. She has been on this with no problems for a long time. I made the mistake of taking her off not too long ago because she was doing so good but she has been on the good stuff for almost 2 weeks. Just wondering if she is in pain and can't get settled down or maybe she has diabetes.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep ,sounds like she has an irritation in the tail pocket to me. You might get get checked by your vet to make sure it's not infected.

Most Reactions