I think my Lola may be sick!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
The past 3 to 4 days she has been eating like normal but not drinking like she should! I always have water out put she isn't drinking it. yesterday she went pee once in the morning so about 7:30am and not again tell 11:00pm! We took her out several times during the day and she wouldn't go all she would do is sit down. She is playing like normal and acting just fine but just not sure why she isn't drinking her water or going potty? I should add she hasn't went poop in two days as well. Any ideas?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
If would call the vet. You know your baby best. Maybe an xray to check for obstruction. Did she eat anything that you know of? Any toys missing?? I would definetly call the vet.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I would call the vet since she hasn't had a poo. Has she tried to go poop and just can't? Or has she not even tried? Any vomiting? How was her last poo? Was it solid, small pieces, soft, etc? She could have an obstruction or just be constipated. A trip to the vet would be best to rule out anything.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
If she isn't drinking as much, it makes sense that she wouldn't be peeing as much. If she hasn't eaten anything that she shouldn't have, and there's no obstruction, then she just may be constipated. You could try some pure pumpkin and see if that helps her. If not, and she is still having the same symptoms then a trip to the vet would be a good idea. Hoping its nothing serious, and she's okay. Sending hugs, love and prayers for you and Lola. Please keep us posted.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/everyone above... I would call a vet just to make sure... Keep us posted!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Add some water to her kibble next feeding and see if she eats and drinks the water. Not enough water in her system will make her constipated. So if the water in her food doesn't help, a trip to the vet will be in order.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Well she has went pee like normal today and she did finally go poop but it was very solid and full of PEANUTS! She must have liked my trail mix! I thought my daughter ate it but looks like it was Lola. All is was is peanuts and raisins, will any of this hurt her?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ah Ha!!! We have figured out the most likely culprit! They get into anything they can. I don't think this will hurt her as long as she doesn't have a peanut allergy. Depending on when she ate the trail mix, it doesn't sound likely she does. It sounds like she is on the mend but I would keep eyes on her for a while. Try some pumpkin, it might help her go to the bathroom a little softer. I am not an expert, just my opinion, so maybe some of the more experienced people here have more/better advice?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think I will try the pumpkin just to make it softer and easier to get out!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well she has went pee like normal today and she did finally go poop but it was very solid and full of PEANUTS! She must have liked my trail mix! I thought my daughter ate it but looks like it was Lola. All is was is peanuts and raisins, will any of this hurt her?

sneaky little girl!! raisins can be an issue depending on how many she ate

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I don't think she got much because there isn't much in it. She is back to normal now!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Raisins & grapes are poisonous to dogs (cats too, I think) so be careful
to keep trail mix from her.

So glad to hear it was constipation, good for you knowing her pee/poo habits