Other Sarah has an eye ulcer

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im kinda late with this as she is some better now but i want to tell the story anyway. i am also going to include me and my bf stuff because i just dont feel like doing as separate thread so i hope its ok and if not then :p:).

well the weekend before last sarah had fleas so the yard house and animals got treated and they were gone but i guess she was still itchy last week and put a hole on her butt the size of a quarter and later on in the week tore her side up one day and rubbed her face and eye another day. this is what my bf came home to as i was not there. so sat her eye looked better so we go to his football game and then came home and then to the fair that night. i had some drops from before so i started them sunday am. well its not looking better so off we go to the vet. well meanwhile bf and i are sick he more than me. well vet says she has an ulcer and that her ears were closing up due to allergies she believed. i was embarrased to take her as she had fur missing all over her from rubbing. so i get some ointment and pain drops and off i go. well bf is real sick and im taking care of him as he was shivering and then hot. me im not so hot either. well from the first ointment treatment that day and then that night i did it again and put the pain drops in well she would not open her eye at all for hours. next am i put more ointment in but im like i dont think its agreeing with her as her lower lid was swollen and very red and she looked so uncomfortable. well i keep it up that night and call in sick for work monday. well monday bf is so sick i have to help him and sarah's eye still had that bottom lid covering half her eye and red and i am not feeling all that good. so tuesday im like this ointment i think is making it worse and the drops did not do this to her. well took bf to dr and he had a very bad kidney infection and so we all were a mess. wed am i take her back to the vet to get something else for her as the drops i had were going to go out of date and the vet says her eye ulcer is almost gone and her ears look much better and im like yay. so a few days later and her eye is much better looking with the drops, bf is back at work and feeling much better and me well im kinda kicking a bit better. its been a long week here but seems to be on the upswing. sorry so long. :ohmy:

Last edited:

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Glad to hear everyone is on the upswing! It stinks when everyone is down at once@!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Bad couple of weeks for you for sure, but glad to see you are all getting better now though.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hjoly crap what :poo: few weeks...... so glad you are all on the mend

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well that certainly wasn't a picnic!! Boy when it rains it pours! I am soooo glad you all are feeling better. I bet you thought it would never end! :yikes:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well, I'm just so sorry everyone was so sick and all at once, Yikes!

Hugs & Kisses from me & Cami for each of you...
:hug::hug::hug:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im sorry to hear all of you were not well , but im glad you are all on the mend xxxx

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awwww! Glad everyone's better.

I'm also glad you stated that at the beginning....had you NOT done that, I'd have read the entire post with my mouth agape and my hand over it, hoping for no super bad parts....!

Thank you for sparing your readers that horror!

*muah*

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Awwww! Glad everyone's better.

I'm also glad you stated that at the beginning....had you NOT done that, I'd have read the entire post with my mouth agape and my hand over it, hoping for no super bad parts....!

Thank you for sparing your readers that horror!

*muah*
aw i knew there was something missing from my post and alas its here now. the catty b part :sneaky2:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So glad you all are on the upswing, Vegas just got done with medications, he also had an eye ulcer.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh man... that stinks!!! So sorry you had such a crappy week, I'm glad you guys are feeling better now!!! :D

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
just wanted to update that sarah's eye is almost back to normal and she is doing well now as are him and i :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
just wanted to update that sarah's eye is almost back to normal and she is doing well now as are him and i :2thumbs:

Wonderful, I'm so happy to hear it :2thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Great news xx ;-)))

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I'm glad to hear Sarah is doing better ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.