Runny nose/ sniffling???? Concern??

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
So, the past two mornings Stella has woken up with yellow drainage coming from her nose, and has yellow mucous stains around her nose. She has been kind of sniffiling/sneezing throughout the day, but the yellow drainage just seems to be first thing in the morning upon waking. Should I be concerned, or is this "normal"?? :confused:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Does she sound like shes trying to cough something up?
First thing that comes to my mind when you mentioned Nose discharge is kennel cough
Before nose discharge coughing can be managed with Benadryl but nose discharge requires antibiotics

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I thought allergies but I could be wrong....I'd get in to see a vet. Don't want it getting worse.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I can say that Bacon's fall allergies have kicked up - he gets snotty after waking up from naps or evening sleep and then it goes away.
It is usually clear but on occasion if he's extra stuffed up it can get a little thicker. That's usually when I have him in the bathroom with me for a morning shower and let the steam do its work.

A trip to the vet never hurts but I can also say this has been a very tough year for seasonal allergies for all of us.
Is Stella acting like she isn't feeling well? or just has the snotty nose?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If its not a clear runny nose I would certainly go for a vet visit. Hope Stella feels better soon. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sarah's noise drainage is always clear so I would be seeing a vet if it's not just to check n make sure all is ok

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with others, since it is not clear you want the vet to check her out make sure she is not sick. Banks does get the crusties around her eyes this time of year due to her allergies, but her nose dripping is always clear

OP
MyStellaBully

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I took stella to the vet today. She has an upper respiratory infection, but no pneumonia! She's on an antibiotic. I found it funny that they charged me $3.50 for hazardous materials disposal because she peed on their table!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I took stella to the vet today. She has an upper respiratory infection, but no pneumonia! She's on an antibiotic. I found it funny that they charged me $3.50 for hazardous materials disposal because she peed on their table!!

Seriously???Wow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

So glad you took her in, she will be feeling better in no time, those URIs can turn into pneumonia quick so good job mommy on knowing she wasn't right.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Glad you took her in.... Nope is feels better soon.
So they charged you for something they were going to do anyway..... Clean the table?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

You have GOT to be kidding me!!! Good grief, like they don't get enough of our money anyway?!! I'm glad that you took Stella in, and I hope that she's feeling better real soon!!! ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.