The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow! I guess Vegas was looking for a snack. Glad to hear he is on the mend.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
glad you figured it out and he's ok! Guess he's nice and clean on the inside huh!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Yikes! So glad it was just a bar of soap and you figured it out and did not have to make a trip to the vet---or at least I hope you don't have to go to the vet.

Hope Vegas learned his lesson!
:w00t:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Well we figured it out, after about 12 throw ups yesterday and through out the night.

Vegas VERY FIRST throw up yesterday was in the bathroom, a HUGE pile of white foamy puke, my first thought, Oh it's the fat free plain yogurt I have him for his bedtime snack last night, so I cleaned it up and he seemed fine.

I went to work, then I came home to several more piles of his breakfast all over the place, he continued throwing up all night, even when he drank some water he would throw up.

So we get up this morning and I give him some white rice with boiled hamburger about a couple tablespoons and a little water, so far he has kept it down.

My husband then text me from his work and ask me if I took the bar of Dove soap out of his shower (He uses the main bath in the morning to get ready, I use the master bath) Why in the world would I take your soap????

:idea: OMG!!! WTH!!!!! Vegas ate the bar of soap on the side of the tub yesterday morning!!!!! That was why it was such a large amount of white foamy puke that I THOUGHT was his fat free plain yogurt from the night before!!!!

I read several articles on dogs eating soap and although it won't kill them it will cause them to throw up MANY times!!! So far this morning he is keeping the rice and water down and I think the worse is over. Who would think an almost 5 year old bully would eat a bar of soap??? MINE DID~!!!!!

I AM SHOCKED, but relieved this is what it is and not a blockage. Thank you all for your kind words and support as I have never seen Vegas this sick before. Love to all!!!
OMG!!!! Silly Vegas! I am glad that it was nothing major, silly bully!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: great that he is doing better and you figured it all out. What a relief for you

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. So glad you figured out what made him sick, and it wasn't anything dangerous to him. Hope he feels better soon. He's gonna be squeaky clean inside and out, and with clean breath as well.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Glad you worked that out puts your mind at rest a little.

I guess they're never too old not to eat something.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.