UPDATE: on Vegas being so sick

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Well we figured it out, after about 12 throw ups yesterday and through out the night.

Vegas VERY FIRST throw up yesterday was in the bathroom, a HUGE pile of white foamy puke, my first thought, Oh it's the fat free plain yogurt I have him for his bedtime snack last night, so I cleaned it up and he seemed fine.

I went to work, then I came home to several more piles of his breakfast all over the place, he continued throwing up all night, even when he drank some water he would throw up.

So we get up this morning and I give him some white rice with boiled hamburger about a couple tablespoons and a little water, so far he has kept it down.

My husband then text me from his work and ask me if I took the bar of Dove soap out of his shower (He uses the main bath in the morning to get ready, I use the master bath) Why in the world would I take your soap????

:idea: OMG!!! WTH!!!!! Vegas ate the bar of soap on the side of the tub yesterday morning!!!!! That was why it was such a large amount of white foamy puke that I THOUGHT was his fat free plain yogurt from the night before!!!!

I read several articles on dogs eating soap and although it won't kill them it will cause them to throw up MANY times!!! So far this morning he is keeping the rice and water down and I think the worse is over. Who would think an almost 5 year old bully would eat a bar of soap??? MINE DID~!!!!!

I AM SHOCKED, but relieved this is what it is and not a blockage. Thank you all for your kind words and support as I have never seen Vegas this sick before. Love to all!!!

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lol!! My boxers where notorious for eating soap ! Glad hes ok and you got to the bottom of it x

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG! Vegas! Thank g you figured it out. He's a clean boy!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So glad you have a resolution!! Gee's I would never have thought all though they are bully goats. Hope he starts feeling much better since you know what is going on. Love Hugs and prayers for healing.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my goodness...soap...really?! yikes! i never would've thought that our bullies would go for the soap. Good detective work there, Kelly (and Joe). Please give squeaky-clean Vegas a big old smooch from the three of us! :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad he is okay !!!! It does make complete sense too... Thank god! I wonder if he's going to fart bubbles?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
oh thank goodness it was something silly. He will be sqeaky clean for a while inside and out!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Time to get Joe away from Bar soap.... makes it easier to clean the tub area too. ;)

Miss Snuffles Mom

Jun 24, 2013
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Snuffles
That's the worst when they are sick and they can't tell us what is wrong or if they ate something that they shouldn't have. Glad he is starting to feel better and you were able to figure it out😊

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Silly Vegas! He'll be a clean boy, no worries there. Thank goodness it was the soap. I know it was stressful and scary, but thank heaven it was just the soap. I never thought about Dudley eating soap...but he never comes upstairs to the bathroom...and I don't use bar soap! Whew...hoping your stress level is going down. Give the squeaky clean boy some hugs from me and Dudley!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Was he back talking or something? He seemed to think he needed to wash his mouth out with soap...

So glad he's ok!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great detective work! Isn't it a relief to know what caused it!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So glad that Vegas is okay! Boy, this was a soap opera, for real! Nothing would surprise me about them eating things! Mine are like vacuum cleaners-they suck up anything!
Especially outside. I make sure in the house, but can't keep up with the falling leaves and sticks and bugs and toads,etc. outside!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online