URGENT!!! OMG, Vegas is so sick

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I came home tonight after work and walked into 8 separate piles of morning breakfast and phlem, he seemed OK and greeted me at the door wagging his butt. I got all his bedding and spots cleaned up and he went over to drink some water, lasted about 5 minutes and he threw that up with yet more breakfast. I am watching him closely and can find nothing from toys or trash missing. I am a worried mess, Vegas has never done this before. Do you think I should try a bland diet tonight or wait and try in the morning?

I am forgetting all I know........ Is there anything I can give him for his tummy??

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh no! I think I would not give him food unless he can keep down water..then in the morning, if no more sickness, give light breakfast. Could he have gotten into anything? And how is his poo? Sometimes, they just have an upset tummy. Try not to panic and watch him..I know you are panicky AND watching him..:(

I don't see anything that he could have gotten in to and his throw up is all breakfast and water. Poo is normal. He has been on an antibiotic for 7 days now and has 3 more days left for his eye ulcer (that has completely cleared up) Vegas is 4.5 yrs. old and never been sick like this so yes... I am panicking!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I came home tonight after work and walked into 8 separate piles of morning breakfast and phlem, he seemed OK and greeted me at the door wagging his butt. I got all his bedding and spots cleaned up and he went over to drink some water, lasted about 5 minutes and he threw that up with yet more breakfast. I am watching him closely and can find nothing from toys or trash missing. I am a worried mess, Vegas has never done this before. Do you think I should try a bland diet tonight or wait and try in the morning?

I am forgetting all I know........ Is there anything I can give him for his tummy??

i would do bland tonight. Do you have anything lying around the house? I literally was just talking to a woman who said her dog got under her bedroom dresser and ate rat poison and she didn't find out for a week, she fed him mass amounts of vitamin k per the vet and he'll be fine.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
i would do bland tonight. Do you have anything lying around the house? I literally was just talking to a woman who said her dog got under her bedroom dresser and ate rat poison and she didn't find out for a week, she fed him mass amounts of vitamin k per the vet and he'll be fine.

I have looked all over the house, nothing is out of place and it would be very unlike Vegas to do anything but sleep while Im at work. I took the trash out this morning so there wasent even any trash in the house.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have looked all over the house, nothing is out of place and it would be very unlike Vegas to do anything but sleep while Im at work. I took the trash out this morning so there wasent even any trash in the house.

Becky's probably right he is just having a reaction to the antibiotics, poor guy. I'm sorry, give him a hug from me.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
When Loki's allergies are out of control he will throw up a combo of phlegm and food too. Our vet recommended bread or rice to help and soak come of the phlegm up in his tummy. Does he seem to be coughing or sneezing a lot?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
When Loki's allergies are out of control he will throw up a combo of phlegm and food too. Our vet recommended bread or rice to help and soak come of the phlegm up in his tummy. Does he seem to be coughing or sneezing a lot?

No coughing or sneezing, just laying wide awake by my side, I think even he is worried, but not as much as me!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Kelly, he can feel your worry. If he acts hungry..feed him. If he throws up again..then tomorrow ..give him bland diet. I really think he is just experiencing a bad tummy. The meds will do that..and so will an empty tummy once he feels better. If you feed him normally tonight, don't give him a full meal..go light..

He does act hungry, when I gave him an ice cube, he thought it was something else and snapped it right out of my hand, when he figured out is was only an ice cube he spit it back out. lol

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor Vegas. I hope he feels better soon. I don't know who feels worse when they are sick, us or them!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

I wouldn't give him anything else by mouth tonight. If the vomiting continues you can give him some ginger. Mix it in some applesauce if you have it. 1tsp of ginger 1/2 cup of applesauce. Give him 2 or 3 tsp of the applesauce mixture every hour. If you don't have applesauce mix it with some yogurt or kefir. I know you have that in the house :) In fact!! Give him the kefir with the ginger. That's better :yes:

Most importantly, relax. He knows you are stressed and it will start to stress him.

Tomorrow morning give him a light meal of soft boiled egg or something light.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't give him anything else by mouth tonight. If the vomiting continues you can give him some ginger. Mix it in some applesauce if you have it. 1tsp of ginger 1/2 cup of applesauce. Give him 2 or 3 tsp of the applesauce mixture every hour. If you don't have applesauce mix it with some yogurt or kefir. I know you have that in the house :) In fact!! Give him the kefir with the ginger. That's better :yes:

Most importantly, relax. He knows you are stressed and it will start to stress him.

Tomorrow morning give him a light meal of soft boiled egg or something light.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Fed him fourth cup of kibble and he drank some more water, it's been 20 minutes and no throw up, fingers and paws crossed!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just now reading this, Kelly...I feel for both of you and will start praying now.

I think it may have been all that phlegm and upset his tummy, the antibiotics
may have been a factor too. It's a good sign he seems alert and seems okay.

I know, when Brutus broke out in huge hives all over, my mind was empty of
any info and my hands were shaking so hard I could barely type.

It's hard watching their symptoms & worrying about them!
Hugs for you both!
:hug::hug:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OOOOHHHHHHH crap I just cleaned up another huge pile of puke, I have never seen Vegas this sick!! No more food tonight, hopefully he will drink, bland diet boiling right now for in the morning. I know he picks up that I am stressed and worried, but damit I AM stressed and worried!!!!!! How can I help that???

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Well..I was hoping he was done..just let his tummy settle..like my first post said.. Bev suggests a very light meal in the am..hard boiled egg...I agree.. Don't panic Kelly..let him get the nasty stuff out. And don't let him gulp his water...:hug:

I just read and read, I have never dealt with him being this sick, imagine my panick when I don't even know what to do after 4 years!! I have the hamburg boiling and some rice for in the morning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online