Scary night with cutty...

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Woke up about midnight to miila barking at the floor next to the bed at the foot. We get up and there is cutty laying on his back acting very off. Dunno if he was dreaming, or if he fell off the bed and had a reaction. Scared the **** out of us. Picked him up and held him and he kept doing some kind of a neck thing back and forth, like Stevie wonder. Back legs looked like swimmer puppies the way they sit. Hubby said his eyes weren't there which makes me hope he was dreaming vs being knocked out or something. Was crazy weird and scary. He did this for a good minute or 2 before snapping out of it. It felt like 10 minutes to me. I was imagining he fell and hurt his back really and was so thankful to see him get up and be ok after. No idea if this could be a seizure and maybe he didn't fall? The spot he was in is a spot he sleeps in also but I know when I went to bed cutty came and went under covers by my feet. No idea if he got off the bed after or fell off trying to get down or what. He seems totally normal now thank gawd. I was really imagining that he hurt his back falling and was really hurt. Now to figure out what happened. Thankfully Miila woke us up or we wouldn't have known anything was happening.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, sweet Cutty :luv: It does sound more like a dream...I've seen Tate do that in bed before. Good think smart Miila alerted you to it. Just monitor Cutty's behavior for the next couple days and i'm sure he'll be okay.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow that is scary.... I sure hope he is okay and it was just a dream.

L

Lucy-licious

hope everything is ok with Cutty....I know if it had been either of these I would have been in a blind panic. Is he ok now?

Well done Miila for letting Mummy n Daddy know something was wrong :bravo:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good job Miila!! Happy Cutty is ok. That's the scariest in the middle of the night....

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
He seems totally fine now. We got him some fresh water, a carrot and a cookie after it happened to make sure he seemed fine. All the pups scored over it. We were worried that if he fell out of bed it could happen again and could be worse. A almost 8 I am so paranoid of anything hurting him anyhow. If it was a dream it was crazy.i have seen the dreams she they bark and run and have seen him dream with his eyes open which is creepy but this was so diff. Hopefully it was a dream.

It was sad cuz I yelled at mii to stop barking and get away from him cuz she was in his face. She thought she got busted. After I did very much praise her and tell her what a good girl she was. Funny, she is the most sensitive to knowing or thinking when she did wrong and pouts. Wen she didn't come back to bed with us I knew she felt bad so we went back and fixed that.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
That is so scary! loki is a very heavy sleeper as well and will often have the most intense dreams. I am glad that Mii let you guys know that something was wrong with Cutty. Glad to see that everything seems normal today!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Good Girl Miila for getting help for Cutty....:clap:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad Miila woke you guys up... how scary!!! My dogs are pretty heavy sleepers, and they are constantly moving around or half barking... LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he is OK now, it sounds like he might have fallen out of bed and maybe hurt his back.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.