Question about promeris?

tubbys_dad

Mar 27, 2010
Banning, Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
My bully, tubby had a bout of demodectic mange and after a couple of treatments she is all clear. The other day on a normal visit to the vet he recommended we treat her with a product called promeris. Its a monthly flea treatment but it also kills demodectic mange mites. I was wondering if any one else has used this or is currently using it and what are the side effects if any.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Sounds familiar but thats about it. I dont use flea treatments regularly tho cuz we have been lucky enough to not need them. By the way I love your avatar pic!!!! What a cutie!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have never had mange- well I mean my dogs haven't- so I have never heard of it?

Yes, LUVIN' that avatar!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'm sorry, I'm not help. Never had to deal with mange and have never even heard of that drug. But I looked it up and this is what 1800petmeds.com said:

When licked from the application site dogs responded with head shaking, licking, lethargy and salivation. All of these responses resolved without treatment. When used between the shoulder blades, as directed, it should be difficult for a dog to lick the product. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after the use of any pesticide product. If skin irritation, change in behavior, vomiting or diarrhea is observed and persists after the use of this product, call your veterinarian immediately.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
No experience here either but, from what I gather, one of the components of this medication is relatively new and not time-tested. Since your bully doesn't have mange anymore, I would probably fault on the side of caution and ask if you can put your baby on something more established since there are many, many reliable flea treatments to choose from.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
never heard of promeris. our bullie got mange when he was about 3 to 4 months old we treated it about 3 weeks later it was all cleared up. a few weeks ago he got a little spot on his head which ended up mange again. if its supposed to what it says guess it wouldnt hurt to try it.. we dont have to use flea control on our boys

Most Reactions